Free Meal Sites
Bus routes for meal delivery are tentatively expected to begin on Monday, January 25th. This is to allow time for reorganization under Plan B.
In the meantime, if you need a meal on remote learning days, please visit one of the school locations. They are open 9:00 to 10:30 Mon-Thurs and students will receive breakfast and lunch for the day. On Thursdays, students will receive that day’s meals plus breakfast and lunch for Friday and Saturday as well.
Follow us on social media for updates and important notices:
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has extended the waiver allowing free meals to all children ages 1-18.
Children do not have to be enrolled in Cabarrus County Schools to participate. The extension is effective immediately and will go through June 30, 2021.
Did you know.......
- We are a self-supporting entity of Cabarrus County Schools. We participate in the National School Lunch Program and the School Breakfast Program. We also participate in the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program Grant, offer universal breakfast at select sites, and provide After School Snacks to sites who qualify. In addition, we have 5 schools qualifying for the Community Eligibility Program (CEP) for the 2020-21 school year.
- There are 39 food service operations, including the Opportunity School, PLC and two Early Colleges.
- 21 Elementary Schools
- 8 Middle Schools
- 8 High Schools
- We employ nearly 300 food service professionals.
- As a district, SNP has an average overall health inspection of 99.2.
- All of SNP employees take required sanitation training. All Cafeteria Managers and at least 1 additional School Nutrition employee are required to become ServSafe certified. We currently have 138 employees who are ServSafe Certified.
Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)
School Nutrition is pleased to announce the continuation of the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) at the following Cabarrus County Schools for the 2020-21 school year:
- Royal Oaks Elementary
- Wolf Meadow Elementary
- W.M. Irvin Elementary
- Concord Middle
- CCS Opportunity School
What is CEP?
In a CEP School, ALL enrolled students receive a nutritious Breakfast & Lunch at no cost, regardless of family income.
What if my student transfers to a school that is not CEP?
If your student receives a meal or transfers to a school that is not a part of the CEP program, you will be responsible for the cost of your child's meal. You may apply for Free or Reduced Meal Benefits at that time if you feel your family qualifies. The cost of breakfast is $1.30 for elementary and $1.45 for secondary. Lunch is $2.75 for elementary and $2.85 for secondary.
What about siblings?
If you have children who are enrolled in a non-CEP school, you will be responsible for the cost of meals provided to the child at that non-CEP school. However, if you feel your family may qualify for Free or Reduced meal benefits, you are encouraged to complete a Free & Reduced Meal Application on-line at lunchapplication.com, or see the school Cafeteria Manager for a paper application to apply.
What if my child wants extras?
CEP covers the cost of a breakfast and lunch meal each day. For an additional entree or snack, you will be responsible to cover the cost of those items.