Survey open through February 22nd, 2021
Student Realignment Overview
Cabarrus County Schools will open Roberta Road Middle School in August 2022. In order to prepare for the opening of the new middle school, a community-engaged realignment study is currently under way.
Cabarrus County Schools has partnered with Cropper GIS Consulting to assist with the study and recommendations for realignment. New attendance boundaries will be created using guiding principles and criteria established by the school district. The realignment of attendance zones is expected to impact the following middle schools: Harold E Winkler, Northwest Cabarrus, Harris Road, JN Fries, CC Griffin, and Hickory Ridge. The realignment may also have slight impacts to Elementary and High School zones in order to balance utilization, plan for future growth, and align feeders.
Public information sessions will be held during the study to introduce the project and gather feedback from the community. To learn more about the project, access the draft realignment options under review, and submit feedback please visit the middle school realignment website.
- A public survey is live and available for feedback after the public information session #3 held on February 11th, 2021.
- The link to the survey can also be found on the middle school realignment website under the icon for the February 11th Public Information Session.
- The IPT will meet on March 1st to review public survey responses and continue to refine options blue and yellow.
- The feedback form continues to be active, please use this feedback form to submit comments about realignment options.
- The final recommendation to the Board of Education will be presented on Monday, April 12th, 2021.
- The 3rd Virtual Public Information Session was held via Zoom on February 11th, 2021 at 6:30pm. The presentation included explanations of current options Blue and Yellow, explanation of the analysis of the Green option, and time for the panelists to answer questions.
- Participants posted questions during the Public Information Session. The Consultant and Staff responded to as many questions as possible in the time allotted.
- New questions and answers will be added to the FAQs on the middle school realignment website.
- Consensus from the Internal Planning Team and the Public Advisory Committee, the Blue and Yellow Options will continue to move forward to the Public Information Session on February 11th.
- Questions and Answers continue to be updated in the FAQ.
- On February 1st, 2021, The Internal Planning Team met to discuss community and public advisory committee feedback to the green, yellow, and blue options.
- On January 28th, 2021 Options Blue, Yellow, and Green will be taken to the Public Advisory Committee on 1/28/2021 for review and feedback
- On Monday January 25th, 2020 the Internal Planning Team continued the review of community feedback and data analysis for Options Blue, Yellow and Pink
- Option Pink was removed as it scored poorly and was the least favorable among the public and team members.
- In addition, the team reviewed a proposal submitted by the public (Option Green) and a new Option Green was developed based on key ideas of the public proposal. This new option is under review by the Internal Planning Team and Public Advisory Committee.
- On January 28th, 2021 Options Blue, Yellow, and Green were taken to the Public Advisory Committee on 1/28/2021 for review and feedback