Curriculum & Instruction
Beginning October 19, 2020, students in Kindergarten through 12th grade will attend schools two days a week. Students whose last name begins with A-K are assigned to Group #1 and will attend school Mondays and Wednesdays. Students whose last names begin with the letters L-Z are assigned to Group #2 and will attend Tuesdays and Thursdays. School-based administrators may need to reassign students to a different group based on numbers in a particular class and/or grade level in order to maintain social distancing as required by the CDC. Students enrolled in Preschool and the Exceptional Children’s Centralized Placement Program (including High School Occupational Course of Study - OCS) will attend school four days a week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,and Thursday. On Fridays, all students will be expected to participate in remote asynchronous instruction.
Kindergarten Through 12th Grade Students
- Students attend school two days a week
- Students whose last names begin with the letters A - K are assigned to Group #1 and attend school on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Students whose last names begin with the letters L - Z are assigned to Group #2 and attend school on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- School-based administrators may need to reassign students to a different group based on numbers in a particular class and/or grade level in order to maintain social distancing as required by the CDC.
- Teachers will post a weekly schedule by Sunday at 6pm to support with organization
- Teachers will utilize a variety of instructional strategies for students on their remote learning days (live stream, synchronous check-ins, synchronous small group, group work, projects, asynchronous assignments, etc.)
- Students are expected to complete and submit assignments in a timely manner
- Parents and students should communicate with their teachers immediately with any questions or concerns
Preschool, Exceptional Children’s Centralized Placement and High School OCS
- Students attend school four days a week Monday through Thursday
- Parents should communicate with their teachers immediately with any questions or concerns
All students in grades K-12 will be assigned a CCS chromebook. Students are expected to bring their charged chromebook and charger in a backpack to school every day. Students should also shut down their computer every night to ensure nightly updates are applied to their machine.
Teachers are utilizing Canvas as a Learning Management System. It is extremely important for parents to have access to Canvas through a Parent Canvas Account. Click here to view instructions on how to create a Parent Canvas Account.
PowerSchool Parent Portal
Middle and High Schools use PowerSchool to take attendance and record grades. Click here for directions on accessing PowerSchool Parent Portal. Teachers update grades weekly. If you have questions or concerns about your child’s grades, please contact your child’s teacher immediately.
Student Attendance & Participation
Students who are attending face-to-face are required to attend school on their assigned day. If students are absent, parents must follow the standard procedures for notifying the school of the reason for the absence. Students are expected to participate in all instructional activities on their remote learning days (any day students are not physically in school). Students and parents should contact their teacher with any questions or concerns.
100% Remote Option at Current School
CCS has extended the option for students to remain 100% remote at their current school. Parents selecting this option must remain remote through the end of the current quarter (January 14, 2021, March 25, 2021, May 3, 2021). Students will receive a quality education at each school. Teacher assignments will be based on staffing at each individual school. Students may receive instruction through a variety of methods including, but not limited to livestream, synchronous “live” whole group sessions, synchronous “live” small group sessions, and asynchronous instruction.