Kindergarten Registration Begins in April
Kindergarten Registration Begins in April 03/06/2019
Cabarrus County Schools welcomes you and your child to Kindergarten! Our 2019-2020 Spring Registration will be held April 8th through 12th. Children who are 5 years old on or before August 31, 2019, are eligible to register for kindergarten.
Any child who reaches the age of five years old on or before August 31, 2019 is eligible to register for Kindergarten.
Where should I register my child?
Register at the elementary school in your child’s attendance area.
If you have already been accepted to a Program Choice School, please see section below regarding Program Choice Schools.
For registration hours during the week of April 8th through April 12th, contact the school or visit their website.
How do I find out which school my child will attend?
Your child will attend the school where the child’s parent/legal guardian resides. For school district information, call the CCS Transportation Department at (704) 260-5500 or visit our attendance locator.
What documents do I need to bring when registering my child?
- Photo ID of Parent/Legal Guardian
- Child's Birth Certificate with Parent name(s)
- Child's Immunization Record
- Proof of Domicile (2 required, 1 from each source)
- Kindergarten Health Assessment and Immunizations: This is required by North Carolina Statute. Students who do not have this completed after 30 days following the start of school will not be allowed to attend until the requirements are met. All schools and local physicians are aware of the requirements and have the proper forms that are needed for documentation.
What if my child has been accepted into a Program Choice School?
If your family received an acceptance email from Program Choice in February, parent(s)/guardians(s) will enroll in the Program Choice school where they have been placed, not their home school.
If you are applying to a Program Choice school between April 1st through April 30th, please enroll your child at your home school.
If accepted to a Program Choice school, your child’s registration records will be transferred to the Program Choice school.
If you have more specific questions regarding Program Choice and Kindergarten Registration, please visit the CCS Program Choice website.
Please visit the 2019-2020 Kindergarten Registration website for details about the enrollment process, checklists, flyers and summer events information for rising kindergarten students and families.