Media Book Pick-up/Returns
Hello CMES Families!
Effective FRIDAY, January 22nd, we have updated our Media Book Pickup/Return procedures going forward for this school year. Our goal is to streamline the process and have a plan for whichever CCS Plan we are in throughout the remainder of the year. Please take a minute to read through this email and refer to it as needed.
PICKUP PROCEDURES DURING CCS PLAN C, B, A:
- ALL students can pickup their Media Books on Fridays from 10:00-11:00am in the Car Rider circle. Students will still need to use the Destiny Discover platform to put books on hold just like they have been doing. Book holds MUST be placed by 3:00pm on Thursdays in order for them to be prepped and ready for pickup on Friday mornings. Holds placed after 3:00pm are NOT guaranteed to be available for pickup on Fridays.
- FACE-TO-FACE students will have the ability to have their Media Books delivered to them by their Teacher Assistant while attending on their scheduled face-to-face days IF READY FOR PICKUP.
Please note we are still bound by a 72-hour book quarantine rule so even though a book is ready in the system, it may still be in quarantine and not be available for distribution. This is rare but it does happen.
RETURN PROCEDURES During CCS PLAN B or A:
- REMOTE students can dropoff their Media books on Mondays (excluding Holidays) in any of the collection bins out in front of the school from 1:00-3:00pm. IF you can not make this time frame then you can return on Fridays during our book pickup from 10:00-11:00am.
- FACE-TO-FACE students can dropoff their Media books any day they are attending school in any of the collection bins located near any of the Media Center doors. IF they forget during the week they can also return on Fridays during our book pickup from 10:00-11:00am.
RETURN PROCEDURES During CCS PLAN C:
- On MONDAYS (excluding Holidays) we will have collection bins outside in front of the school from 1:00-3:00pm for ALL Students.
Staff will monitor the bins throughout the day to collect any returns. Please DO NOT drop books if there is not a bin to do so. We wouldn't want books to get lost or damaged due to not being in the proper receptacle.
If you have any Media related questions, feel free to contact Mrs. Rachel Steiner at email@example.com or Mrs. Sandie Kolibas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for working with us and your children to make sure books get in their hands each week.
Cox Mill Elementary