Return to Headlines
Accessing Your Child's Canvas Course
- Parents can sign up as an observer in Canvas. Observers can link their Canvas account to their student's account so they can see assignment dues dates, announcements, and other course content.
- Observers can view the course content but cannot participate in the course.
- Directions on how to sign up for a free Canvas Observer Account can be found here:
Parents as Observers
You can sign-up as an observer (see course content but cannot participate) for your student's course(s) by knowing your student's Canvas username and password and using this URL: https://cabarrus.instructure.com/.
- View and read announcements
- View assignments index page
- View the calendar
- Join conferences, if invited
- Join collaborations, if invited
- View personal inbox
- Send conversation messages to instructor and student they are observing
- View the dashboard
- View and read discussions
- View files unless they are locked
- View grades of student they are observing and filter, view scores and dates, and print grades
- View modules and see due dates, point values, etc.
- View pages and contribute if the instructor enables the Anyone can edit it setting
- View profile pictures, if available
- View syllabus
- View outcomes
- View quizzes index page
- Comment on announcements or discussions
- Submit assignments or quizzes
- View course rosters
- Send conversation messages to students in the course they are not observing
- View locked files or folders
- Join groups
- View unpublished courses
NOTE: If you have an account and it is asking for a pairing code please see the directions above for how a student can generate a pairing code for you.