HOURS:Open every day during the school year from 8:15-4:15; Afterschool work hours are available with pre-approval from Mrs. Burr, Media Coodinator.Students have scheduled media center visits with their ELA classes, but students may also come to the media center at any time during the day, with a teacher pass.SPACE:Our media center is an ACTIVE classroom within the building with extra perks! We have additional spaces for exploring, creating, and learning with the B.U.I.L.D area (Building to Uphold Imagination and Learning Daily), the "Fishbowl"-a collaborative work space/green screen area used for video creation or a group activity, the News Broadcast Room, and several additional areas for quiet work.POLICIES:1) Two books may be checked out at one time, for a two-week period, and can be renewed up to two times (if a hold has not been placed on the book).2) Students are limited to two "holds" at a time.3) There are no overdue fees, but we ask that books be returned in a timely manner as a courtesy to others. If you do have a book that is overdue by more than 60 days, the book will be considered lost and you will be charged the cost to replace it.When you have an overdue item or fine, you may not check out additional books until the item is returned or the fine paid.4) The comfortable sitting areas are for your use, but please leave areas neat and orderly when you leave them.5) No food or drinks, other than water, are allowed in the media center.6) Headsets are for use only in the media center.Earbuds are available to be purchased for personal use($3.00). See Media/Tech Staff.7) Students should check in with media staff (and have a pass) when they enter the media center without their teacher.8) Please do not "cut through" the media center when changing halls.9) Enjoy this space (it has been created for you), but be respectful of others at all times.10) Students are welcome here at any time (with a pass) to read, work on a project, do group work, create, reflect, and be productive!ID's:ID's can be requested by students and cost $5.00. ID's can only be purchased during morning homeroom.PHOTOCOPIES and PRINTING:Printing required papers to the black and white media printer are free of charge. Copies of articles, re-prints, and non-required items will cost $ .10 per page.***COLOR PRINTING -Due to color toner prices, ANY printing in color costs $ .25 per page. Please share requests for color printing with your teacher.
When printing from the internet, PLEASE ask for assistance BEFORE printing.
Prefer ebooks? Check out these options!
2) Use your public library card. You may get an application for a Cabarrus County Public Library card in the media center. Enjoy their big selection of ebooks, audiobooks, and online databases!
3) Read the ebooks available in Destiny Discover. Don't forget to log in!
5) Epic Books-ebooks and audio books for all reading levels. Start a free personal account.
6) AUDIO books from Audible! Listen to some great books, no log in or personal information required.
7) Go to the Clever portal on our school home page and find the Sora app. Open it and select Cabarrus County Schools. Multiple-user ebooks and audio books! You can also link your public library card number and access their library ebooks and audio books all in the same app! A GAME CHANGER!
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science in Cross-categorical Special Education; Appalachian State University Masters in Library Science; East Carolina University