Healthy students are better learners, and your school nurses are here to help with that.
School nurses are an important part of the school team.
What do school nurses do?
- provide care for sick and injured students
- teach about ways to stay healthy
- help students who have chronic health conditions
- monitor for and respond to contagious illnesses
- administer medications
- provide vision and hearing screenings
- monitor for health and safety concerns
- work with school staff to address student health needs
- assist families to find needed resources
Eating healthy foods to fuel your body is important. Try a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and proteins. You can learn more about nutrition and healthy eating by visiting EatRight.org
Physical activity is another way to achieve optimal health. Exercise can be fun. Try bike riding, playing a game with your family, or going to the park with friends. It is recommended that children get at least 60 minutes of physical activity each day. To learn more, go to Healthy.Children.org