W.M. Irvin Elementary School
IB World Candidate School offering the PYP, Primary Years Programme
- IB authorized training to all certified staff
- A connected Programme of Inquiry that will feature thirty-six units of inquiry, six per grade level, developed by teachers following the IB PYP framework
- Additional language classes in Spanish to all students
- Character development through the IB learner profile and IB attitudes
- Continuation in the IB Middle Years Programme for all rising 6th graders who meet the academic criteria set by Cabarrus County Schools
Mission Statement: Our mission is to develop self sufficient global thinkers by providing culturally diverse educational experiences.
Vision Statement: Through culturally diverse educational experiences, students will be empowered to confront challenges, overcome obstacles, and develop critical thinking skills.
For more information, visit International Baccalaureate Organization
WMIES IB PYP School Choice Expectation Agreement
To schedule a school tour, contact Debra Bralley, IB PYP Coordinator
For information regarding IB middle school placement for 2018-2019, please visit the Cabarrus County Schools interactive pathway for School Choice/Magnet Programs at https://www.cabarrus.k12.nc.us/Page/53145