• Welcome to Harris Road Middle School, Home of the Patriots.


    This page is intended to provide information to students and families who are planning to attend Harris Road. 


    For a list of documents needed for registration, see below.


    How do I enroll my student for the 2022-2023 school year?
    Enrollments are submitted online using this LINK.  When submitted successfully, you will receive an order number that begins with "D".  Review of new enrollments will begin in May 2022.
    Can new students choose elective classes?
    New students are placed in elective classes based on availability.  Except for band and certain 8th grade electives that are for high school credit, we do not take requests for electives for new students.  This includes In-District transfer students.
    How is placement in advanced E/LA and math determined?
    When new students enroll, a placement team reviews student records.  If student test scores and grades meet the current criteria, the student will be placed in advanced classes.  If a student is currently in a CCS elementary school, all placement decisions are made by the elementary school. Placement decisions cannot be made until the student is officially enrolled and all student educational records (report card and testing data) are received and reviewed. 
    Enrollment Overview and Tips 
    *Please read the documentation required below and have the documents ready before starting the application online.
    *If you have any questions, please reach out to registrar at monica.ridgeway@cabarrus.k12.nc.us
     Documentation Check List for New Enrollments
    1. Proof of Identification (one source)
       *NC Drivers License - non expired
       *Matricular Consular
       *Work Authorization Card
       *Government Issued Driver License/ ID - non expired
       *Visitor's Visa
       *Border Crossing Card
    2. Proofs of Domicile- Two sources (one from each column below)
     One of these...                                                               ... AND one of these...
       *House Deed                                                              *Motor Vehicle Registration
       *Current Lease Agreement                                          *Current NCDL/ NCID - issued within the past 90 days
       *Closing or Settlement Statement                                *Recent Pay Stub
       *Current Property Tax Statement                                 *Current Medicaid Card
       *Certificate of Domicile                                               *Current Utility Bill (water, cable/satellite, gas, or electricity)
        Lease/Deed/Closing Statement/Settlement Statement should include signature pages.
        All sources must show the current address, current date, and parent's name.
    3. Copy of Child's Birth Certificate (with parents' name on the certificate) 
    4. Proof of LEGAL Guardianship (only required if the student is residing with someone other than a parent listed on the birth certificate; guardianship paperwork must be established through the courts and signed by a judge unless the family meets the criteria found in G.S. 115C-366; we do not accept notarized statements or Power of Attorney documents) 
    5. Immunization Records (official copy from your physician; we do not accept the immunization information found on transcripts)
    6. Withdrawal Form/ Report Card/ Official Transcript (showing credits earned at all previous schools for current Middle School or 5th Grade Report Card for rising 6th graders)
    7.  Health  Assessment  - Effective July 1, 2016, every child entering a NC public school for the first time must submit proof of a Health Assessment within 30 days of the start of school.  This document can be found on the online enrollment platform.  If your child has had a physical or well check in the last year, and you can access your healthcare provider, please have them complete the form and return it to you. You must submit this form within 30 days from the first day of school. 
    8. Signed and notarized Safe Schools Form - Applications will not be processed until this form is received.

    Summer 2022 Tours for New Enrollments

    Group tours are available during the summer on July 14, July 28, and August 11 at 10:00 a.m. on all days.  Individual tours are not available.  Size is limited for each tour.  Please use this link to signup for one of our summer tours.  Click HERE.