Degrees and Certifications:
B.A. Elementary Education(K-6) from the University of North Carolina Wilmington
Mrs. Taylor Hammill
Welcome to Mrs. Hammill's page!
I am the 6th grade Math teacher for the Mars Hill Mountain Lion Team.
I am orginally from Mount Pleasant and grew up attending the Mount Pleasant schools, so I love that I am back to help the next generation of students learn and enjoy the great atmosphere that Mount Pleasant Middle brings to education.
I graduated from the University of North Carolina Wilmington in 2015 and taught for one year in elementary school before coming to MPMS. This is my fifth year in 6th grade and I love it. I had a little boy, Levi, in March 2020 and love spending time with him and my husband. My husband is a middle school PE teacher and high school football coach in Montgomery County.
Weekly Table of Learning
Classroom Expectations/Grading Policies
I have high expectations for my students.1. Be prepared each day - have all your materials...Math notebooks are needed everyday.
2. Homework should be completed each night, it is an extension of the lesson!
3. Follow directions the first time given.4. Classroom transitions should be done quickly and quietly.
HOMEWORK: Students will have homework every night during the week (Monday-Thursday). Grading is based on EFFORT! I JUST WANT TO SEE YOU TRY! Please make sure you are completing your homework, as it is 5 points off the total Homework grade each time you do not complete it. All students start at 100 at the beginning of each quarter and after progress reports.
To Schedule a Conference: If you would like to meet with your student's teachers, you must call Mrs. Taylor in the office at 704-260-6530. Meetings should not be scheduled through emails or written notes to individual teachers.
Getting make up work for students who have been absent: It is always the student'sresponsibility to ask each teacher for his/her make up work upon returning to school. Please don't email the homeroom teacher for make up work, as s/he cannot gather up the work from all the other teachers your child sees in a day. Refer to the student handbook for more details on this topic.
A word about Extra credit: Individual extra credit is NOT offered.
6TH GRADE MATH Grading Policy:
- Daily Assignments/Activities, and Flocabulary assigments will count 1 time (Late work will be 5 points off each day it is late).
- Each Homework grade (2 per quarter) and Quizzes will count 2 times
- Tests and Projects will count 3 times
**Unless due to family emergency or sickness, homework is due on the due date given and is due at the beginning of class. 5 points will be deducted from the homework grade if not completed or ALL work shown.
**Students will get 3 days to make up work and tests from an absence REGARDLESS of how many days they are absent. After the 3rd day, it will be considered “Late”
6TH GRADE MATH Quizzes:
-All students may use earbuds for quizzes for a read aloud feature on the computer. Students should be able to pass (60 is passing) quizzes. In the event s/he does not pass, the following opportunities are available to him/her:
----A second attempt is available at the student or parent/guardian requests within a week of the grade being put into PowerSchool.
*In all fairness to those who passed, if the second attempt is passing, the maximum score that will be recorded is a 65. If the second attempt is still failing, the higher of the two grades will be recorded and it will be up to the student to seek out help from Mrs. Hammill teacher during Venture time if s/he so chooses.
6th GRADE MATH Unit Tests:
- Study Guides will be given out as a study tool the day before any Unit Test. If completed with all work shown to prove their answer and TURNED IN ON TIME THE NEXT CLASS PERIOD, 5 points will be added to their test score. If only partially completed or not completed, no points will be added. This is an EASY way to not only add points they may need, but also an encouragement to study and prepare for the test. All unit test grades will include a comment on whether the student completed the study guide or not. (See PowerSchool for this info).
Classwork/HW that are not eligible for remediation.
- Students are allowed to see teachers during Venture days for “help/remediation” on material s/he is struggling with. The key is for THE STUDENT to go to and ask the teacher for help. We cannot help if we don’t know there is a problem.