Welcome to Cabarrus Tech
Application Information for 2019-2020
Cabarrus County is home to the Cabarrus Kannapolis Early College and the Cabarrus Early College of Technology. Students will need to fill out an application for each early college they wish to apply to. If a student only appies to Cabarrus Tech, then they will only be considered for Cabarrus Tech. Students that apply to both schools will be considered for both. If the student is offered a admission into both schools, the student will decide which offer to accept.
• Must be a resident of Cabarrus County (Those living in the Kannapolis City Schools District can only apply to Cabarrus Kannapolis Early College.)
• Must apply during 8th grade year. (For students currently enrolled in a Cabarrus County high school that want to take community college classes, they should contact their school counselors and ask about the Career and College Promise Program.)
• Application - Students will complete the application online from the Cabarrus County Schools - School Choice website. The teacher recommendation form must be turned into their middle school counselors.
• Interviews - As part of the application process, both the students and parents must participate in an interview. Applicants will be contacted to schedule the interviews.
• Notification - After all interviews are completed, all applicants are notified by mail as to the status of their application.