Principal: Dr. Yolanda Blakeney, Ed.D.Email: Yolanda.Blakeney@cabarrus.k12.nc.us
- B.S. Chemistry, Wingate University, 1996
- Masters in Secondary Education, Grand Canyon University, 2011
- Masters in School Administration, Appalachian State University, 2014
- Doctorate of Education, University of North Carolina - Charlotte, 2023
- Principal, C.C. Griffin November, 2021 to present
- Assistant Principal of Instruction, West Cabarrus High School, 2018- 2021
- Assistant Principal, Cox Mill High School, 2017-2018
- Dean of Students, Cabarrus Kannapolis Early College, 2014-2017
"I am proud to serve the C.C.Griffin STEM Middle School community as principal. I look forward to continuing the STEM journey for students through passionate educators providing innovative instruction."
Assistant Principal: Rebecca Howell
7th Grade Administrator
- B.S. Elementary Education, Southeastern University, 2003
- Masters in School Administration, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 2021
- Principal Fellow Class 26
- Principal Intern, Northwest Cabarrus Middle, 2020-2021
- Principal Fellows, UNCCharlotte, 2019-2021
- Lead Teacher / Summer School Site Administrator, A.T. Allen Elementary, 2016- 2019
"I have been dedicated to the students of Cabarrus County Schools since 2005 and am thrilled to serve the Gryphon family as Assistant Principal. "
Assistant Principal: Sandy JohnsonEmail: Sandy.Johnson@cabarrus.k12.nc.us
8th Grade Administrator
Shaw University B. A.
- Pfeiffer University: Masters of Curriculum and Instruction
- Gardner-Webb University: Administration
- Gardner-Webb University: Ed.S
- Superintendent Licenses
- Assistant Principal, C.C. Griffin Middle School, 2023- Present
- Assistant Principal, Robert Road Middle School, 2022-2023
- MTSS Coordinator, 2018-2021
"I am truly grateful to share my "calling" in education working with ALL students. I am so humble in trying to create relationship-building between students, staff and parents, communication, and I believe that ALL students can learn. "
Assistant Principal: Jessica Perez
6th Grade Administrator
- Graduate Certificate Program in School Administration, University of North Carolina at Charlotte UNC Charlotte and CMS Aspiring High School Principal’s Program
- Master of Education in Middle Grades & Secondary Ed, Middle Grades, & K-12, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- B.A. Middle Grades Education, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Dean of Students, C.C. Griffin Middle STEM School, Present
- Principal Intern, C.C. Griffin Middle STEM School, 2020-2021
- North Carolina Teaching Fellow, 2011-2015
"I am delighted to lead and serve alongside the C.C. Griffin STEM Middle community as we work together to inspire the future leaders of tomorrow, ignite a love for learning, and create opportunities for innovation for all of our students."