Degrees and Certifications:
BA Degree: NCSU Masters Degree: UNCP National Board Certified
Mrs. Deborah Hunter
Inclement Weather Days
1. Asynchronous Days: Students will go to Canvas and follow directions for that date's lesson
2. Synchronous Days: Students will log into TEAMS and remain in teams for the entire class period. Below are links to my TEAMS classes. The links are also posted on the homepage in Canvas
All New Students/Parents for Spring 2022: Please Complete the Parent Contact Form: Student & Parent Information Form
Calculus Fees: All Calculus Students will be required to pay an AP Calculus Fee of $25. Pay this Fee through "Online Payments" located in the "Parent" links on the CMHS homepage.
I am excited to be a part of the Cox Mill High School family again this year. This will be my twenty-third year in education and my seventh year at Cox Mill High. I received my bachelor's degree from North Carolina State University (GO PACK!) and my master's degree from UNC Pembroke. I am National Board Certified in Adolescence and Young Adulthood Mathematics. This year I will be teaching AB and BC Calculus and Honors Math ll. My husband and I have two grown daughters. My hobbies include traveling, hiking, bicycling, kayaking, sewing, and spending time with my family and our labrador retriever, Mogli.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR STUDENTS:
1) Students will be issued a CMHS Chromebook in Homeroom the first day of school.
2) While all classes are meeting in person, all lessons and assignments will be posted in the Canvas Course.
3) All students must bring their Chromebook and it's charger to school each day. The Chromebook should be fully charged each night .
4a) Calculus students will use Canvas and complete Modules. The class Syllabus is posted in Canvas. Most graded Homework assgnments will be in WebAssign. Some assignments may also be in AP College Board "My Classroom". Make Sure to sign up for both. Some assignments will need to be submitted directly into Canvas. (Students have one week to complete unexcused late assignments for 50% credit.)
4b)Honors Math 2 students will use Canvas and complete Modules. The class syllabus is posted in Canvas. Most homework assignments will be online (Aleks, Desmos, EdPuzzle, etc....) Such assignments will not need to be uploaded and submitted in Canvas. However some assignments may be worksheets and will need to be submited in Canvas. Tests/assessments may be in Mastery Connect or Aleks. (Students have one week to complete unexcused late assignments for 50% credit. Students have 5 days to complete excused absences late assignments with no penalty.)
5) HOMEWORK IS ALWAYS POSTED IN CANVAS. Students should look at Canvas daily.
6) I tutor Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:15-3:30.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PARENTS:
PLEASE SIGN UP TO BE AN "OBSERVER" IN CANVAS SO YOU MAY STAY ABREAST OF YOUR STUDENT'S UPCOMING ASSIGNMENTS! Click here for directions https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10913-414473163
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
PLEASE SIGN UP FOR REMIND messages:
To sign up for AB/BC Calc. reminders: Text@dhcalculus to 81010 or go to: https://www.remind.com/join/dhcalculus
To sign up for Honors Math II reminders: Text @Hmath2022 to 81010 or go to:https://www.remind.com/join/hmath2022
To sign up for D Hunter's Homeroom reminders: Text @ dhhr2021 to 81010 or go to: https://www.remind.com/join/dhhr2021
My Spring Schedule:
1st Block:BC Calculus
2nd Block: Honors Math II
3rd Block: BC Calculus
Tutoring: Tuesdays & Thursdays 2:15-3:30