The National Technical Honor Society currently serves approximately 80,000 active members in 2014 and nearly three quarters of a million since its inception in 1984. Over $200,000 in scholarships is awarded annually to its members. NTHS honors the achievements of top CTE students, provides scholarships to encourage the pursuit of higher education, and cultivates excellence in today’s highly competitive, skilled workforce. For over 30 years, NTHS has been the acknowledged leader in the recognition of outstanding student achievement in career and technical education.How to Apply:See Mrs. Ferreira, your NTHS School President Peyton Linker, or any of your CTE Teachers for an application. Or click here`Membership Requirements
· Must have an overall minimum cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.0
· Have taken three Career Technical Education courses or currently enrolled in the third CTE class. One of the classes being a second level or advanced class.
· Student must have a cumulative minimum course average of a 93 in the combined Career Technical Education classes.
· Student must not have more than five absences during the semester. A wavier can be granted for medical reasons with proper documentation.
· The student must receive three recommendations from current or past academic teachers. (List the teachers on your application and recommendation forms will be provided to them by Mrs. Ferreira)
· Student must have not been out of school suspended during the current academic year.
· Students must demonstrate high standards of excellence in career technical education; of leadership within the school and community; of character and respect for themselves, school, community, and country.
· Membership fee of $25.00 which is paid after acceptance into Northwest Cabarrus National Technical Honor Society.