Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Cherie Reedy
UPDATE: May 27: IMPORTANT!!!! REMINDER: LAST DAY TO TURN IN ANY WORK IS JUNE 4. NOTHING WILL COUNT IF IT IS TURNED IN AFTER THE 4TH. ALL ASSIGNMENTS FOR NEXT WEEK WILL OPEN AT MIDNIGHT ON SUNDAY NIGHT. GO THROUGH THE WEEK AND COMPLETE ANY ASSIGNMENTS AND GET THEM TURNED IN. ANY ISSUES, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP.
Update May 21: Just found out today that June 4 will be the "last" day of school. All assignments must be turned in by the 4th in order to be counted towards your grade. PLEASE check power school to find out where you are as far as your grade goes. There is still time to improve it. Contact me with any concerns or questions. I really miss you guys and really regret that we didn't get to spend more time together in the kitchen. Keep cooking and if you ever need any help with anything please don't hesitate to contact me. Also, one last thing. When we get back to school next year I would really like it if you would stop by just to say HELLO. I feel like we all got cheated this semester and would at least like to see you all one more time. Have a good day.
Update May 15: I hope everyone checked power school for progress reports. Please turn in anything that you are missing prior to Wed. May 13 before next Wednesday. Remember, if you have any questions you can contact me through Remind or Email. Have a good weekend and hang in there.
Update April 29: Parents and Students, There are now entries for "grades" in powerschool. As you know we are only allowed to enter "collected" as the grade for an assignment. If the assignment has been turned in then the student will have a checkmark for that grade. If the space is blank then that means I have not received the assignment. STUDENTS: If you turned something in that does not have a checkmark beside it: CONTACT ME ASAP. EMAIL IS BEST.
Sometimes things get lost in technology and I want to be sure that everyone who is doing what they are supposed to do is getting the proper credit.
Please remember your grade will be determined by the percentage of assignments turned in and the points rubric the county put out.
Progress report grades will be available on May 13.
Stay Safe and Healthy, hopefully all this is just about over.
IUpdate April 20: I hope all of you had a restful spring break. I also hope all of your families are doing well. Just want to update you on a few things.
1. I still do not have any updated grading information from the county. All teachers are waiting to see how grades should be entered in to power school for this last quarter. As soon as I know anything for certain I will give you more details about what we will be doing in this class.
2. Several of you have sent me copies of your assignments through google docs. I have received them. I have been emailing a short message back to all of you who have sent me assignments so that you know that I actually did receive it. This morning when I opend my Gmail it seems as though none of my messages made it to you guys. There seems to be a problem with the internet addresses. So, if you did not get a message from me don't worry. As I said I have received anything that has been sent through gmail.
3. This weeks assignments are posted in Canvas. The only day that is not posted is for Friday. Please check back on Friday. I am going to post a cooking demonstration that I would like for you to watch.
4. Finally, please feel free to contact me through email,remnd or through canvas with any questions. Hang in there guys, I think I see a light at the end of this tunnel.
UPDATE APRIL 8: MOST OF YOU HAVE PROBABLY SEEN THE VIDEO PUT OUT LAST NIGHT FROM CCS PERTAINING TO GRADING FOR THE REMAINDER OF THIS SHUTDOWN. IN RESPONSE TO THAT VIDEO I WOULD LIKE TO BE COMPLETELY TRANSPARENT AND UP FRONT WITH ALL OF MY STUDENTS AND PARENTS.
1. I WILL STILL BE GIVING DAILY ASSIGNMENTS (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SPRING BREAK).
2. AFTER SPRING BREAK I WILL UPDATE YOU WITH A DETERMINATION OF HOW MANY ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE GIVEN SO THAT YOU CAN USE THIS INFORMATION IN COORDINATION WITH THE POINT RUBRIC SHOWN TO YOU IN THE GRADING VIDEO.
3. PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR POWERSCHOOL. USE YOUR GRADE FROM 3RD QUARTER TO HELP YOU DETERMINE WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IN ORDER TO EARN THE FINAL GRADE YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE IN THIS CLASS AT THE END OF THE YEAR.
4. SENIORS I AM GOING TO PERSONALLY CONTACT EACH OF YOU TO DISCUSS YOUR GRADE, BE EXPECTING A PHONE CALL FROM ME BY THE END OF THE WEEK.
5. ANY STUDENT WHO APPLIED FOR NATIONAL TECHNICAL HONOR SOCIETY, PLEASE CONTACT MRS. FERREIRA VIA EMAIL WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS.
FINALLY, EVERYBODY HAVE A RESTFUL AND HAPPY SPRING BREAK.
APRIL 7: SEVERAL OF YOU SENT ME MESSAGES YESTERDAY THAT YOU COULD NOT ACCESS THE VIDEO AND AUDIO ON THE POWER POINT ABOUT MEASUREMENT. I LOGGED INTO SEVERAL STUDENT ACCOUNTS AND WAS ABLE TO ACCESS. PLEASE FOLLOW THE STEPS LISTED BELOW TO HEAR ME TALKING ON EACH SLIDE.
1. ON CANVAS PAGE FOR APRIL 6, CLICK ON THE BLUE WORDS FOR THE POWERPOINT.
2. AT BOTTOM OF PAGE YOU SHOULD HAVE A POP UP, CLICK THE SAVE BOX.
3. IT SHOULD TELL YOU THAT IT IS DOWNLOADING AND WILL TAKE A LITTLE OVER A MINUTE TO DO THIS.
4. ONCE DOWNLOADED, CLICK OPEN
5. POWER POINT SHOULD SHOW UP ON SCREEN, CLICK ON MY FACE IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT HAND CORNER OF POWER POINT SLIDE.
6. PLAY BAR SHOULD SHOW UP, HIT THE PLAY ARROW
7. WHEN FINISHED WITH SLIDE, YOU WILL HAVE TO CLICK THE NEXT SLIDE ON THE LEFT SIDE OF SCREEN
**Try a different browser if you still can't get in.
UPDATE: APRIL 6, 2020
WELCOME TO THE "FIRST" DAY OF 4TH QUARTER.
ALL ASSIGNMENTS BEGINNING THIS WEEK WILL BE COUNTING AS GRADES. SENIORS, YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE SOME SPECIAL CONDITIONS SO PLEASE KEEP TRACK WITH WHAT WE ARE DOING. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO KEEP UP WITH THE WORK AND TURN ASSIGNMENTS IN, THIS GOES FOR EVERYONE!!!!
ALSO, EVEN THOUGH WE ARE NOT HAVING "LIVE" MEETINGS EACH WEEK YOU CAN STILL CONTACT ME ON MICROSOFT TEAMS IF YOU NEED TO. SEVERAL OF YOU HAVE BEEN KEEPING IN TOUCH THROUGH REMIND AND EMAIL. THOSE 2 WAYS WORK GREAT. I CHECK MY REMIND AND EMAIL ACCOUNTS SEVERAL TIMES A DAY.
AS FAR AS TURNING ASSIGNMENTS IN: FOR THIS WEEK FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS ON THE CANVAS PAGE FOR EACH DAY. AFTER SPRING BREAK WE ARE GOING TO TRY TURNING THINGS IN THROUGH CANVAS. I NEED TO "TWEAK" A FEW THINGS WITH MY ASSIGNMENTS SO THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DO THAT. I WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED AND "IN THE LOOP" AS BEST AS I CAN.
PLEASE CONTACT ME WITH ANY CONCERNS OR IF YOU JUST WANT TO SAY HELLO. I MISS YOU GUYS AND HOPING WE WILL ALL BE BACK IN CLASS AND COOKING TOGETHER SOON!!!
HAVE A GOOD WEEK.
ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS AND PARENTS
Update: March 31, 2020
****ATTENTION: THERE WILL BE NO LIVE OFFICE HOURS ON WEDNESDAY. THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH MICROSOFT TEAMS AND WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE THE LIVE CHAT FEATURE AT THIS TIME.
I will continue to contact you via Remind and posting information here on my web page. I am adding a cooking demonstration video to canvas for this Friday. Please take a look at everything posted under the module for this week. Remember, all of this was for review. Several of you had questions about turning things in: PLEASE READ my instructions. The only things I want to see this week is your list of issues from "Worst Cooks" and I would like to see your review assessment. Several of you have also asked about turning work in on Google Docs. If you know how to do this it is fine, I want to make this as easy as possible for each of you.
If there are any additinal questions or problems or if you just want to check in with me please feel free to do so on either Remind or email. I am checking both of these several times a day.
In the mean time, hang in there and have a great day.
TO JOIN TEAMS:
1. GO TO NORTHWEST HOME PAGE
2. CLICK RESOURCES TAB
3. SIGN IN TO OFFICE (IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY)
4. CLICK ON TEAMS
**I have had several requests for recipes that students can prepare at home during this time. I have posted a few simple recipes on my web page. Please feel free to try these at home. If you do, remember correct measuring techniques (dry and liquid), and cooking methods. Enjoy!!!
704-260-6720 Ext. 45213
Class Schedule for 2nd Semester
1st period: Foods 1
2nd period: Planning
3rd period: Foods 1
4th period: Foods 1
• : "The school system retains control over what links will be placed on system-related websites;however, the linked sites themselves are not under control of the school system, its agents or its employees. The school system is not responsible for the contents of any linked site, any link contained in a linked website, or any changes or updates to such sites. The school system provides links as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the site by the school system. The school system reserves the right to remove or restrict any links."