There are many different exams students will experience over their four-year tenure at Cox Mill. We would like to highlight some of those here and provide additional resources to learn more about each individual test. As always, please contact your counselor with any questions or concerns.Below you will find information about the following exams:State Exams:
- End of Course (EOC) - January 13th through January 20th, 2023
- Teacher-made exams - January 13th through January 20th, 2023
- CTE Post Assessments - January 13th through January 20th, 2023
- WorkKeys TBD
- PSAT/NMSQT: October 12th, 2022 (NO MAKE-UP)
- SAT (CollegeBoard): Not offered at Cox Mill HS (Please go to www.sat.org OR www.collegeboard.org to register)
- Pre-ACT (10th grade only): November 1st, 2022
- ACT (11th grade only): March 2023 (TBD)
- Advanced Placement (AP): May 2023
If your student took a state exam an Individual Student Report (ISR) of your student’s score(s) is available in PowerSchool. To view electronic copies of the ISR in PowerSchool, log into PowerSchool through a web browser https://cabarrus.powerschool.com/public/home.html. Once on the website, click on State Test Reports in the left-hand menu bar. The ISR is not viewable on the PowerSchool app.
Any standardized test score is a single indicator of student performance and one piece of his or her educational picture. Your student’s test score should be considered along with all other information provided throughout the school year.
If you have questions or concerns about viewing the Individual Student Report, please let us know.
We are always looking for Proctors, especially you! For more information about what our proctors do and who they are click here.
To sign up to become a proctor for our next exam click here.
Classes that are not required to take a state EOC, NCFE, or CTE assessment will be required to take a teachermade final exam. Seniors may exempt teachermade exams if the criteria stated in the exam exemption section below are met.
Test Exemption Policy
In order to exempt an exam:
- SENIOR - You must be a senior.
- COURSE GRADE - You must have a grade of 80 or better when 1st and 2nd nine week grades are averaged together for that class.
- ATTENDANCE - You must not have more than 3 absences in that class.
- DISCIPLINE - You must not have served in ISS or OSS the entire year. (Check with the Control Room to confirm this.)
Please note that this exemption Policy does not apply to AP Courses.