Mrs. Brown, Mrs. Schrock, Mrs. Roberts, and Mrs. Kelly
School Closure Update 3/16/20
Dear Parents and Guardians,
We know that at this time things are uncertain, but please be reassured that your children’s health and safety are our biggest priority. Yesterday, you received a phone call from Dr. Lowder explaining that we will be closed for at least the next two weeks. The county stated, “This is a new situation. We do not have guidance at this time. District leadership is working closely with state leaders and collaborating with other district leaders. We are developing tentative local plans in the event of school closures beyond the next 2 weeks.” We want to provide you with resources to use at home with your child to continue their learning. Students will not be held accountable for the work, but we encourage them to practice these skills. There are resources also available at the school that you may pick up between 11 and 1 p.m.
- iReady Reading and Math- can access through the Bethel Website
- EPIC Books (fiction and non-fiction texts)- can access through the Bethel Website (contact teacher for code)
- Seesaw- teacher will send you a personalized code
- Scholastic- www.scholastic.com/learnathome
Below is some other information from the county:
- We cannot replicate or replace learning that happens in our schools every day.
- The goal during the next 2 weeks is to provide supplemental learning opportunities only!
- We cannot hold students accountable for new learning that takes place during the next 2 weeks.
- In an attempt to support students, teachers, and families, the C&I department has prepared supplemental learning opportunities that can be accessed on every CCS website by selecting the “Extended Home Learning” icon.
- Parents who do not have internet access may pick up paper copies of resources Monday between 11:00 – 1:00. It is our expectation that parents do not enter the school.
- Beyond the next 2 weeks:
- We have no idea what will occur beyond the next 2 weeks.
- We are using the next 2 weeks to develop plans in the event we are out for an extended amount of time.
- We do not have any guidance in terms of course credit, EOGs/EOCs, etc.