Degrees and Certifications:
BA in Mathematics
M.Ed in Middle School Education
Mrs. Sally Teacher
1. The building will be open this Saturday, 8/24, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for anyone who wishes to come in and work. The alarm will be disarmed at 10:00 a.m. and reset at 5:00 p.m.
2. Please flex your time this week to accommodate the time needed for Open House Wednesday afternoon.
3. We are in need of additional help at Open House. So, any non-teaching staff that would be willing to flex your time and work tomorrow night, please email or stop by and see me. I appreciate your help.
4. If you are in a new room, please set up your voicemail. Ms. Duncan is in the process of clearing them out right now. To do so, press 55*; when prompted enter the passcode 9999. If you need help, see Ms. Duncan.
5. All of the powerpoints from the sessions yesterday are on the shared drive (S:\). Click on “teachers” and then “faculty meetings”.
6. Faculty meetings will be held the first Wednesday of the month. These once-a-month meetings will be held on an as needed basis. The faculty meeting in September will be an exception as it will be the second Wednesday due to required TrueNorthLogic (replacing McRel) the week prior. The meeting starts at 7:30 a.m. on September 11 and is dedicated to school-level PD. Therefore, only certified staff need to attend. Please be on time as the first activity will start promptly at 7:30 in order to be done on time.
7. SIT meetings will be the third Wednesday of each month at 7:45 a.m on an as needed basis. Our first SIT meeting will be on 9/18. The calendar we gave you yesterday says 8:00 a.m., which is incorrect.
8. The iPad mini-grant proposal I mentioned in the meeting yesterday is attached to this email. We have 10 iPads to give away. The mini-grant is simple and just requires your response to two questions about how you will utilize the iPad for instructional purposes in your classroom. The grant is due to Wilson electronically or via hard copy by September 6.
9. The form to recognize someone for going Above and Beyond is attached to this email and will also be available on the shared drive. It is imperative that we recognize each other and the wonderful things we have going on at MPMS. These can be submitted to the office at any time.
10. The time for an official ½ day has changed to 12:30 p.m. (NOT 12:00) and is applicable for both students and staff. You will need to be aware of this in the event you have to take a ½ day.
11. Some groups had the opportunity to sign up for committees yesterday; others did not. We will continue with the same committees that were put in place last year. Those include: Social, Award’s, Student Outreach, School Event Planning, and Media/Technology. Optimally, we would like to have representation from each grade level including Encore. Ms. Duncan has those sign-up sheets which also include a description of what the committee entails. If you are interested in taking on a leadership role or being more involved at the school-level, please stop by and sign up.
12. Ms. Duncan has the sign-up sheet for Athletic events. We ask that all staff members plan to work 2 events 1st semester and 2 events 2nd semester. Please stop by to sign up.
13. I mentioned to some groups yesterday, but not all, the importance of having students assigned to specific duties when it comes to cleaning the café. It is also important to have all students share in this responsibility. One option, now that everyone is on 4-man teams, would be to have each class on the team take 1 quarter to clean up the team’s section in the café. I have attached a sample lunch duty schedule to this email should you be interested.
14. Below are the things we discussed yesterday in regards to things to think about in preparing for the new schedule / no bells.
15. Mission Church has informed us they are bringing breakfast items tomorrow (Wed.) morning. We will put these in the office conference room at approximately 8:30 a.m.
16. Student issues will continue to be dealt with by administration according to the student’s last name. Ms. Deer will serve student with last names starting in A – L; Mr. Fitzgerald will serve students with last names starting in M – Z.
17. Guidance services will be done by grade level. Mr. Parker will serve students in 6th and 8th grades. Ms. Roy will serve students in 7th grade.
18. Reminders from yesterday’s meetings:
- get your calendar from Ms. Duncan. I shared the two options at our meeting yesterday.
- turn in your staff questionnaire to Ms. Duncan by Friday, 8/23
- turn in your club interest form to Ms. Duncan by Thursday, 8/22
- turn in your Financial Responsibilities Certification form to Ms. Huneycutt by Friday, 8/23
- each team will create a team letter that discusses expectations and procedures to send home to parents; please turn in a copy of it to Ms. Deer, so we can support you when we have discussions with students
- get a copy of your agenda sticker for the level system to Ms. Deer, so we can get them printed for you
PowerSchool and SchoolWires trainings
Open House 5-7
PLC Facilitators Webinar 9:00
PowerSchool and SchoolWires trainings
Law Briefing for Coaches/Band 8:30
CTE Training 8:00
Pancake Breakfast 8:30
Bus Driver Meeting 8:30
First Day for Students
Bus Evacuation Drills