Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Social Work Masters of Social Work Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Mrs. Brandi Harris
My name is Mrs. Harris and I have served at the Opportunity School since 2012.
I received my Bachelor of Social Work degree from North Carolina Central University and my Masters of Social Work degree from The Unviversity of North Carolina at Greensboro and North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University. As a School Social Worker, I am a representative on the educational team, licensed by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction, who provides specialized support services to students, families and school personnel. our primary role is to assit with eliminating barriers to sucessful learning. Prior to my service with Cabarrus County Schools, I worked in Mecklenburg County as an Individual and Family Therapist.
AS A SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKER I:
* Connect students and families with Community Resources
* Communicate and collaborate with staff and individuals within the District, Family and Community
* Advocate and educate school staff and community partners on behalf fo the students, their needs and what is in their best interest within the school, family and community.
* Assist with upholding and implementing the North Carolina Compulsory Attendance Law and Cabarrus County Schools Attendance Policy
* Crisis Management
* Provide Brief Counseling and Group Services
* Provide McKinney Vento Services
* Decrease barriers to accessing services by providing direct resources in our District
HELP YOUR STUDENT BE SUCCESSFUL BY:
*Provide nurturing, emotionally healthy experiences for children during non-school hours.
*Be consistent when disciplining children.
*Refrain from engaging children in adutl conflicts/differences.
*Have children at school every day and on time.
*Communicate high expectations for school success.
*Teach children the importance for accepting responsibility of his/her actions.
*Remember that a parent is a child's first and most important teacher.