Phone: 704-260-6600


Degrees and Certifications:

Ms. Lisa Lamberti

I am a National Board Certified EC teacher from southern Michigan, and a proud alumni of Michigan State University.  I began teaching in North Carolina in 2003, and have been teaching at Cox Mill High School since we opened in 2009.  I teach a study skills class and co-teach Foundations of Math 1 and 2, Math 1, 2, and 3, and English III.  I enjoy working with students to help them become better learners and feel successful.
Outside of school, I love to scrapbook and spend time with my family.  I like MSU football and hockey, and concerts.
FYI - My classroom is a SCENT FREE classroom.  No perfumes, lotions, colognes, deodorants, or anything with a scent are allowed out in class.  Contact me if you would like more information.  
I share a classroom with other teachers, so email is the best method to get in touch with me.

My Schedule

  • 1st block - Planning

    2nd block - Co-taught Math 2 w/Ben Pitts

                    Link to Mr. Pitts' webpage

    3rd block - Co-taught English III w/Helen Mathews

                    Link to Ms. Mathews' webpage

    4th block - Planning


    CMHS Peer Tutoring After School Fall 2021

    Monday thru Thursday

    2:15 - 3:15

    Host Classroom

    Mondays - Rebecca Carr (English Hall)

    Tuesdays - Jessica Parker (Science Hall)

    Wednesdays - Pam Hayes (Math Hall)

    Thursdays - Ashley Blackwell (Math Hall)

    Many subjects are represented. Check the Online Peer Tuturing Schedule for Details on Classes Tutored Each Day!

College Entrance Exams (SAT/ACT)

  • PSAT/SAT and ACT

    The SAT and ACT are considered college entrance exams.  The PSAT/SAT are managed by the College Board and the Pre-ACT/ACT are managed by ACT.

    The PSAT is a practice SAT and may be taken as early as 10th grade.  Most students take the PSAT and SAT as a junior in high school.  Students who wish to take the SAT sign up based on the College Board schedule.

    North Carolina currently requires every high school student take the Pre-ACT and ACT and pays for the test one time.  The Pre-ACT is given to 10th grade students, usually in the fall.  Students take the ACT during the spring of their junior year (usually late February, early March). 

    If your child plans to go straight to a four-year university, they will most likely need to take the SAT or ACT (may be different with pandemic).  Each college or university has their own required test for admission.  Please check the colleges in which your child is interested to find which test they require.  If you have questions about the PSAT/SAT, please check out the College Board website.  For questions about the ACT, check out


    Students w/IEPs:     Testing Accommodations for College Entrance Exams

    Students who need testing accommodations need prior approval for the PSAT, SAT, and ACT.  The school will normally send a letter to parents of students who have testing accommodations for the PSAT during the summer before their 10th grade year.  If you receive this letter and want your student to have their testing accommodations, please follow the instructions in the letter.  If approved by the College Board, students will receive their accommodations for both the PSAT and the SAT.  During students’ junior year of high school, the school will submit the request for approval of testing accommodations prior to the ACT.

    You will get notification of approval for the PSAT, SAT, and/or the ACT in the mail.  If the request has not been approved, please contact Mr. Toscano in Student Support Services (S3) so we can communicate with each test administrator about what documentation they may still need.  If at first the request is not approved, don’t panic.  This often happens, and we usually see a reversal after we provide additional documentation.

    If you do not receive a letter from the school about accommodations permissions, please conatact Mr. Toscano in Student Support Services (S3).

Last Modified on Tuesday at 1:12 PM