Did you know.......
- We are a self-supporting entity of Cabarrus County Schools. We participate in the National School Lunch Program and the School Breakfast Program, as well as the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program. We provide After School Snacks or Supper to sites who qualify. In addition, we have 5 schools qualifying for the Community Eligibility Program (CEP) for the 2020-21 school year.
- We serve meals at all 43 schools.
- We employ over 250 food service professionals.
- As a district, SNP has an average overall health inspection of 99.2.
- All of SNP employees are required to complete extensive food safety and sanitation training. All cafeteria managers and at least one additional School Nutrition employee per school are required to become ServSafe certified. We have over 100 employees who are ServSafe certified.
Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)
School Nutrition is pleased to announce the continuation of the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) at the following Cabarrus County Schools for the 2020-21 school year:
- Royal Oaks Elementary
- Wolf Meadow Elementary
- W.M. Irvin Elementary
- Concord Middle
- CCS Opportunity School
What is CEP?
In a CEP School, ALL enrolled students receive a nutritious Breakfast & Lunch at no cost, regardless of family income.
What if my student transfers to a school that is not CEP?
If your student receives a meal or transfers to a school that is not a part of the CEP program, you will be responsible for the cost of your child's meal. You may apply for Free or Reduced Meal Benefits at that time if you feel your family qualifies. The cost of breakfast is $1.30 for elementary and $1.45 for secondary. Lunch is $2.75 for elementary and $2.85 for secondary.
What about siblings?
If you have children who are enrolled in a non-CEP school, you will be responsible for the cost of meals provided to the child at that non-CEP school. However, if you feel your family may qualify for Free or Reduced meal benefits, you are encouraged to complete a Free & Reduced Meal Application on-line at lunchapplication.com, or see the school Cafeteria Manager for a paper application to apply.
What if my child wants extras?
CEP covers the cost of a breakfast and lunch meal each day. For an additional entree or snack, you will be responsible to cover the cost of those items.