Phone: Phone: 704-260-6070 ext. 15703
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelors Degree of Education3rd Grade TeacherEnglish Language Arts
It's hard to believe that we have been in school for "100 days", but it is true. We have been learning so much. We are now in our "Countries Around the World" unit in Reading. As your child's teacher, it is my job to prepare them to be sucessful in whatever career they choose in the future. So, that being said, your child have been hired by "Go Forth Travel" as one of their newest travel agents. Their first assignment for the job is to design a travel brochure for tourists who are interested in traveling to foreign countries. The content focus for this unit integrates well with the Social Studies unit, "Cultural Diversity"' that explores languages, traditions, beliefs, and values of cultures within our local and regional communities. In Math, we have been learning about "Area and Perimeter", while also sharpen our multiplication and division skills along the way.
Wednesday: GUIDANCE (A) - MEDIA (B)
HOMEWORKReading: Read 30 minutes each night.Optional H.W. Packet due each Friday.**Parents, please sign the Agenda nightly.
- According to new district policy in 2015-2016, parents must have a background check in order to sit with other children, other than their own (i.e. bring a friend to the table).
- a parent, a family member, or a community person desiring to serve as a school volunteer then you are required to have a background check.
- Examples of how school volunteers may be used include field trip chaperones, classroom volunteers, assisting with enrichment opportunities, etc
- Your child may bring a "Healthy Snack" to eat each day after lunch.
PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING WITH YOUR CHILD EVERY NIGHT:
- Listen to your child read. Ask questions to check for comprehesion.
- Make sure that your child has enough money for breakfast/lunch or that they have a bagged lunch each day.
- Sign agenda EVERY NIGHT.
CLASSROOM NEEDS:KLEENEXPAPER TOWELSEARBUDS OR HEADPHONESDRY ERASE MARKERSHAND SOAP/SANITIZER
2/11 Report Cards Go Home
2/11 All County Chorus 3-4pm
2/14 STEM Challenge Day
2/15 VEX Robotics Competition
2/17 Teacher Workday
2/18 Battle of the Books Competition
2/19 Yearbook Sales Begin
2/21 All Pro Dads
2/22 VEX Robotics Competition
2/26 Progress Reports Go Home
2/27 AIG JA Biztown Field Trip