Phone: Phone: 704-260-6070 ext. 15703
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelors Degree of Education3rd Grade TeacherEnglish Language Arts
We are beginning our Biography Unit , which will help students to draw on literary and informational reading skills to read narrative nonfiction texts. Students will revisit strategies for expository nonfiction and character analysis to determine importance, synthesize, and analyze important figures. It also asks students to think complexly and collaboratively to develop their own ideas by comparing and contrasting information and ideas within and across books.
We are also beginning a new writing unit, Changing the World: Persuasive Speeches, Petitions, and Editorials, spotlights strategies that allow students to convey their point of view. Students will research a person of their choosing in order to add to/or revise their thinking. Students will support their opinion with evidence from a variety of sources. In this unit, students integrate linking words to help transition between ideas. Students will develop their expertise by researching, collaborating with peers, revising, and creating a final product. The end product will be a poster, a two minute speech and a presentation in the Media Center spotlighting the person they chose to do research on and who they felt made a real difference in our world.
Wednesday: GUIDANCE (A) - MEDIA (B)
HOMEWORKReading: Read 30 minutes each night.Optional H.W. Packet due each Friday.**Parents, please sign the Agenda nightly.
BEGINNING MONDAY, MARCH 30TH, CCS TEACHERS ANDS STUDENTS WILL BEGIN PRACTICING HOW TO TEACH AND LEARN IN A VIRTUAL ENVIRONMENT. THIS WILL INCLUDE REVIEWING PREVIOUSLY TAUGHT CONTENT BEFORE TRANSITIONING TO TEACHING NEW CONTENT ON APRIL 6TH.
VISIT THE "EXTENDED HOME LEARNING" SECTION OF OUR DISTRICT WEBSITE OR BETHEL HOMEPAGE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR VIRTUAL TEACHING AND LEARNING PLANS.
- According to new district policy in 2015-2016, parents must have a background check in order to sit with other children, other than their own (i.e. bring a friend to the table).
- a parent, a family member, or a community person desiring to serve as a school volunteer then you are required to have a background check.
- Examples of how school volunteers may be used include field trip chaperones, classroom volunteers, assisting with enrichment opportunities, etc
- Your child may bring a "Healthy Snack" to eat each day after lunch.
PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING WITH YOUR CHILD EVERY NIGHT:
- Listen to your child read. Ask questions to check for comprehesion.
- Make sure that your child has enough money for breakfast/lunch or that they have a bagged lunch each day.
- Sign agenda EVERY NIGHT.
CLASSROOM NEEDS:KLEENEXPAPER TOWELSEARBUDS OR HEADPHONESDRY ERASE MARKERSHAND SOAP/SANITIZER
School is cancelled from March 16th - March 27th