Welcome to First Grade
**Welcome to first grade. I am excited to begin this school year.I am here to partner with you to make this a wonderful school year for your child. If you ever have questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.Thank you for all that you do to help and support your child's learning. **
Encore Classes are everyday.MONDAY- ComputerTUESDAY- Media/GuidanceWEDNESDAY- ArtTHURSDAY- MusicFRIDAY- P.E
Our Class Schedule
Daily Schedule7:45- 8:15 Morning Work8:15- 8:25 Morning Meeting8:30- 8:55 Reader's Workshop8:55-9:30 Guided Reading
9:30-10:00 Recess10:05-10:20 Read Aloud10:20-10:45 Science/Social Studies (This Rotates)10:45-10:50 Mental Math10:52-11:17 Lunch11:25- 12:40 Math12:40- 1:05 B.E.S.T time (intervention time)1:15-2:05 Encore2:10- 2:45 Writing and Shared Reading2:45 Begin Packing Up
News To Note
- September 2 NO SCHOOL
- September 5 Parent Homework Due
- September 20 STEM Day
- September 23 First day of fall
- September 27 NO SCHOOL
- The best and quickest way to contact me is by email
- My planning time is at 1:15. I can not make or return phone calls until this time and sometimes not even until the end of the day due to meetings. Please respect our instructional time.
- Phone calls will NOT be answered during the instructional part of our day. You may leave me a voicemail and I will call you back as soon as I can. Please do not leave urgent or time sensitive messages on my voicemail.
- I check the agendas everyday. You can leave me a note on the current week's page or in the front pocket of the agenda.
- **I do NOT go through backpacks so please do not count on me to "find" anything in there (notes, homework etc).
Phone: 704-260-6070 ext 1322
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education- UNCC Master of Arts in Elementary Education- Wingate University