Welcome to First Grade
**Strange times these are.I am available by email and through Seesaw if you need anything or have questions to help you navigate during this time. Please reference the Cabarrus county Extended Home Learning Page to help guide you on how to locate plans. We will still be using Seesaw for students to post their work but you will need to click on How to Access Canvas so you can learn how to access the work. Be patient. We are all learning here.**
Encore Classes are everyday. They rotate on a 6 day rotation for 1st grade only.Day 1- ComputerDay 2- GuidanceDay 3- MediaDay 4- ArtDay 5- MusicDay 6- P.E
Our Class Schedule
Daily Schedule7:45- 8:15 Morning Work8:15- 8:25 Morning Meeting8:30- 8:55 Reader's Workshop8:55-9:30 Guided Reading
9:30-10:00 Recess10:05-10:20 Read Aloud10:20-10:45 Science/Social Studies (This Rotates)10:45-10:50 Mental Math10:52-11:17 Lunch11:25- 12:40 Math12:40- 1:05 B.E.S.T time (intervention and enrichment time)1:15-2:05 Encore2:10- 2:45 Writing and Shared Reading2:45 Begin Packing Up2:56 Dismissal
News To Note
- MARCH 30- APRIL 3 Remote learning- Show me what you got!!!
- APRIL 6- APRIL 9- New Material is coming your way- Be sure to tune in.
- APRIL 10- APRIL 17 SPRING BREAK
- APRIL 20- MAY 15- New Material Every Week. Remote Learning
- Although I am at home- I am preparing for lessons and still participating in meetings. Feel free to email me and as soon as I can I will respond.
- The best and quickest way to contact me is by email
- My planning time is at 1:15. I can not make or return phone calls until this time and sometimes not even until the end of the day due to meetings. Please respect our instructional time.
- Phone calls will NOT be answered during the instructional part of our day. You may leave me a voicemail and I will call you back as soon as I can. Please do not leave urgent or time sensitive messages on my voicemail.
- I check the agendas everyday. You can leave me a note on the current week's page or in the front pocket of the agenda.
- **I do NOT go through backpacks so please do not count on me to "find" anything in there (notes, homework etc).
Phone: 704-260-6070 ext 1322
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education- UNCC Master of Arts in Elementary Education- Wingate University