Phone: 704-260-6530- ext 38609
Degrees and Certifications:
BS in Physical Education
National Board Certification in Physical Education
Masters in Health Education
I am one of the Physical Education teachers here at school. I am also the Athletic Director at Mount Pleasant Middle.
Online Learning during distance learning period
1. Please log into Deaton's Canvas classroom for your period, you will see a link and class code to join Microsoft teams
2. Please complete daily activites and use the online check in (video will be posted outlining expections)
3. Remember to stay active and eat healthy!
4. You will also work in the Smolick's Health Google classroom
We will be using the Remind app again to communicate
1st 7th Grade Mon/Wed . 9:25-10:16
3rd 6th Grade Mon/Wed . 12:20-1:11
4th 6th Grade Tues/Thurs . 12:20-1:11
5th 8th Grade Mon/Wed . 2:24-3:14
Office Hours 3:15-4:00
1. Come to class prepared every day by bring your PE uniform.2. Respect yourself and your peers.
New Run Day
You are expected to complete 128 laps per year. You will complete 32 laps per quarter. This means we will be having run days once a week, weather permitting. Please be prepared by bringing water bottles and inhalers if that is necessary. This year run day is based on a 8 point scale: 8 laps = 8pts, 7 laps = 7pts, 6 laps = 6 pts, 5 laps = 5 pt...etc Any student who completes over 144 laps at end of the year will be eligible to attend incentative trip in May.
Run Day- 15%
Fitness test- 5%
Health- 50%- taught by Ms. Smolick
Each week the students begin the week with 20pts.
The maximum points for the week is 20 points: each
day the student will get a point for dressing, exercising,
participation and sportsmanship.