Degrees and Certifications:
B.A in English (British and American Literature)
Masters in Gifted Education 6-9th Social Studies Licensure 6th-12th Grade English Licensure
Mrs. Genesis Sleight-Price
I was born and raised in Monterey County, California. I traveled to Maryland/the D.C area for two years where I obtained my English degree in British and American Literature at College Park, Maryland. I obtained my teaching license at UNC at Charlotte as well as my Masters in Gifted Education (K-12th). I'm certified in Middle Grades Social Studies 6th-9th and English 6th -12th.
I have been with Cabarrus County Schools as a teacher for 19 years and both of my children are students at MPHS.
I am proud to be a MPMS Tiger!
- I will be using Canvas for my digital learning platform as well as the Remind app.
- I will conduct live meetings through Microsoft Teams Monday-Thursday (the first 30 minutes of each class period)
- Plan C Schedule will be followed until January 19th when we move back to Plan B (per the Cabarrus County's Board of Education Decision).
Plan C Schedule
Plan B Schedule
- Students will need to log in each day (Monday-Thursday) to their Microsoft Teams Live Homeroom Teacher's Meeting at 9 am.
- My Homeroom can find their link in Canvas under Sleight-Price's Homeroom
- Follow these steps "How to access Microsoft Teams," in order to access Student Email, Microsoft Teams, and how to access Canvas.
- Complete the Canvas Attendance Form to be counted present for the day.
- There are instructions in Canvas on my Social Studies Course homepage to access the live meetings for Microsoft Teams Live classes
- Please see the schedule above to sign in to Microsoft Teams at your class period time.
- All Live Meetings/lessons are recorded daily (Mon-Thursdays) and uploaded to the Announcements for that date on the Canvas Pages.
- Fridays students will log into Canvas to complete work but must still complete the daily attendance in the Homeroom Canvas Course to be counted present on Fridays.
- Remind code is on Canvas Home Pages.
My Office Hours:
Mon-Thurs 8:00-8:30 am
(Students may set up a time for additional help with assignments or questions they may have during my office hours)
If you need to reach me you can:
Email me at genesis.sleightprice@Cabarrus.k12.nc.us.Please see my documents/links for helpful tips to get started this year.