Phone: 704-260-6530 (ext) 38705
Degrees and Certifications:
B.A in English (British and American Literature)
Masters in Gifted Education
Mrs. Genesis Sleight-Price
I was born and raised in Monterey County, California. I traveled to Maryland and the Washington D.C area for two years where I obtained my English degree in British and American Literature at College Park, Maryland while my husband completed his service time in the United States Army. I obtained my teaching license at UNC at Charlotte as well as my Masters in Gifted Education (K-12th). I'm also certified in Middle Grades Social Studies 6th-9th and High School English 9th -12th.
I have been with Cabarrus County Schools as a teacher for 19 years and both of my children are students at MPHS.
I am proud to be a MPMS Tiger!
English Language Arts
Please see this week's schedule due to NC Check-In testing Week of 10/26 Schedule Live Meetings will be held this week(all Microsoft Teams Meeting times can be found in Teams Calendar)
If you weren't able to attend the Curriculum Night 2020 for the Pirates Team please watch the video
Here is the presentation to view that was shared
- I will be using Canvas for my digital learning platform as well as the Remind app.
- I will conduct live meetings through Microsoft Teams Monday-Thursday
- Students will need to log in each day (Monday-Thursday) to their Microsoft Teams Live Homeroom Teacher's Meeting at 9 am.
- My Homeroom can find their link in Canvas under Sleight-Price's Homeroom
- Follow these steps "How to access Microsoft Teams," in order to access Student Email, Microsoft Teams, and how to access Canvas
- Complete the Canvas Attendance Form to be counted present
- There is a direct link in Canvas on my ELA Course homepage to access the live meetings for the ALPs/ELA classes
- Please see the schedule below to sign in to Microsoft Teams at your class period time.
- Fridays students will log into Canvas to complete work but must still complete the daily attendance in the Homeroom Canvas Course to be counted present on Fridays.
- All Remind codes are on the 8th Grade letter under Class Documents.
My Office Hours:
Mon-Thurs 8:00-8:30 am
(Students may set up a time for additional help with assignments or questions they may have during my office hours)
If you need to reach me you can:
Email me at genesis.sleightprice@Cabarrus.k12.nc.us.Please see my documents/links for helpful tips to get started this year.