Degrees and Certifications:
B.S. Middle Grades Education with Concentrations in Science and Social Studies
Mrs. Amanda Linker
Welcome to 8th Grade Science and Social Studies! I am excited about returning to Mount Pleasant Middle School as a teacher for the seventh year. I am a graduate of Mount Pleasant High School. Go TIGERS!!! I earned my undergraduate degree from East Carolina University in Middle Grades Education. Go PIRATES!!! I encourage parent involvement, so please do not hesitate to contact me via remind, email, or phone. I will be updating my website frequently with assignments and announcements. I am looking forward to teaching your child this year!
Week of 6/1
- Please check PowerSchool to see what assignments have been collected, reviewed, and received feedback.
- If an assignment, has not been turned in from the week of 5/25- 5/29, please complete, turn in, and then send me a message via email or Remind to alert me that the assignment is ready to be reviewed.
- Check Google Classroom for more details on this week's assignments and due dates.
- Last day to turn in any assignment is June 4, 2020.
Students – Remember to email me or send me a message on Remind, when you complete/revise an item after the set due date, otherwise I will not know to go back to that assignment for re-evaluating and recording your work.
Parents and Students- Be sure to keep checking powerschool for updates on which work has been accepted as quality work and which have not. Work in PowerSchool is current as of 6/1/2020.
Powerschool- Each assignment will be posted on PowerSchool in the Quarter 4 section (Click on the (i) to see the list of assignments). There will be three options for marks: Collected (green checkmark), Missing (orange exclamation point), and Incomplete (half filled in blue circle). Collected means I have accepted your work and it meets the quality expectations of the assignment. If the work is marked missing or incomplete, that means you did not complete all of the necessary items with quality work and have not yet earned the points for that assignment. If you go back and make corrections or additions after the due date or after the item is posted, you need to email me, tell me the assignment name you completed so that I can go back and re-check them. I will not be rechecking once they are due, if you do not email me you will not get the credit points. So be sure to follow that step!
PLEASE if you are having difficulty, be sure to email or send me a message on Remind.
Monday- Watch video from Mrs. Linker, Complete the "Biotic Factors- Gizmo" and Work on Quizlet
Tuesday- Complete the "Biotic Factors- Gizmo" and Work on Quizlet
Wednesday- Watch video from Mrs. Linker, Complete/Make Corrections to all assignments
Thursday- Last day to submit work
Friday- Work on Interdisciplinary Unit
Check your Google Classroom each day and watch and use all of the assignment items to complete your work.
Friday - 9:30am-10:30am
Ways to Contact Mrs. Linker:
1) Remind - Please be sure that you have joined the correct remind account.
- 3rd, 5th, and 6th period: Send a text to “81010” and text this message “@8linkersci”
- 4th period: Send a text to “81010” and text this message “@eelinker”
2) Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Microsoft Teams- For office hours and for some future lessons, you will need to be able to access Microsoft Teams. (See the document “MS Teams ” and try to get that set up and ready for yourself.)
- You will need access to Google-Classroom (same as we have used all year, but logging in may be a bit different your first time checking from home- so see the document “Google Classroom”
- You will have assignments each day posted in google classroom. They will be posted by your regular class times – most will be posted earlier.
- We will have synchronous meetings – where you will need to be online for the specific class period to meet and interact in real time. We will be using Microsoft Teams for synchronous meetings. (See the document “MS Teams” to help you access the program.)
First synchronous meeting: Friday, April 3, 2020
- We will continue using Quizlet. (quizlet.com) If you are having trouble logging in from home, you may need to login to Google first. If you continue to have problems or have forgotten your username and password for Quizlet, please create a new account using the links below.
3rd Period: https://quizlet.com/join/p4AafYJEc
4th Period: https://quizlet.com/join/CmtC7bWPX
5th Period: https://quizlet.com/join/9MKqCc4PB
6th Period: https://quizlet.com/join/vJEeV8PFP
- We will continue using Gizmos. (https://www.explorelearning.com). If you are having problems logging in or forgot your username and password, please let me know and I will send that information to you.
- Mrs. Linker
Available before school (8:00am - 8:35am) or after school (4:00pm - 4:45pm) by appointment. Students should prepare a list of areas of difficulty or questions beforehand. Students should be picked up in a timely manner.
Current Science Topic
8th Grade Science: Review
8th Grade Science/Earth and Environmental Science: Review