Phone: 704-260-6690 find "Landers" to go to voicemail
Degrees and Certifications:
National Board Certified; BA in English from SUNY at Buffalo; MA in English from UNC-Charlotte
Mr. Michael Landers
Open House Input:I teach English I first period, Honors English II second period and English II fourth period.Email me at email@example.com if you have any questionsIt is always good to read, and if you are looking for extra help and/or extra credit (with advance notice), I highly encourage reading news stories written at a higher level than most local papers. Go to the New York Times by clicking HERE and browse the categories on the top of the page or look at the headlines on the main page. Do the following, in your journal:
- Label the page in your journal: "NY Times Story Analysis" and label it in your table of contents.
- Choose a story / article that interests you and write its title on the page in your journal.
- Read the story carefully, taking notes where necessary.
- Identify the author's PURPOSE (and write it on the page in your journal)
- Summarize the story in 5 sentences.
- COMMENT on the story (your thoughts, opinions)
Mr. Landers' Class Schedule
7:15 – 8:38
8:42 - 9:22
8:26 – 10:51
Honors English II
10:55 – 12:48
12:52 – 2:15