Degrees and Certifications:
I am the Family and Consumer Science teacher at MPHS. This is my 20th year in education. I have a BS degree from North Carolina Central University and a Master's degree from Scranton University. I am a National Board Certified Teacher. I hold a certification as a ServSafe Food Protection Manager as well as a ServSafe Proctor & Admininstrator Certification. I am looking forward to another great school year!!
Assignments for Foods I
Create an informational brochure on the bullets below. Be sure to include relevant pictures in each frame of the brochure!
Use this website to complete the brochure:
Again, use the information in the bullets below to create your brochure.
- What is food poisoning?
- What are the symptoms of food poisoning?
- How common is food poisoning?
- Who is more likely to get food poisoning?
- What are the complications of food poisoning? (Provide 3 examples.)
- What is dehydration?
- What are the symptoms of dehydration? (Provide 3 examples.)
- When should adults, infants and children seek medical care? (Provide 3 examples for adults, and 3 examples for infants and children.)
Email when finished to: email@example.com
Directions: Choose 2 cards from the box. Next, create an 11-slide PowerPoint for both cards you chose, and the career information provided on it. (Some career information might not be provided on the card. In that case, use the Internet to assist.)
1: Title slide--name, occupation, etc.
2. Salary information
3. Education Requirements
4. Entry level positions and opportunities for advancement
5. Nature of the work--what would a person having this job do?
6. Working conditions--inside/outside? Regular hours or not? etc.
7. Occupational Outlook--is there a demand for this job?
8. Advantages/Disadvantages (your opinion)
9. Personal skills and reasons you like this occupation
10. Things you can do now and in the next few years to prepare
11. Bibliography to credit the web sites used for information
Please, neatly put career cards back in the box upon completion.
Ms. McCorkle's Class Schedule
Mon-Thur TIGER Time
Friday 90-min block
Warning Bell 7:10
Warning Bell 7:10
Here are some resources that are available for class use.Money Management Resources
Eating Disorders Resources
Information on the different types of eating disorders including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge eating disorder.
Ms. McCorkle's Classroom Rules
- Cell phones- put away cell phones unless it is “BYOT” day.
- Stay seated and working on the lesson until the bell rings.
- Be on time. Tardy– sweep policy will apply.
- Be prepared- Have your materials and be in your assigned seat when the tardy bell rings.
- Respect teacher and classmates.
- Follow all MPHS rules and policies.