About Miss Ziegler...
Phone: 704.260.6690 ext 44219
Degrees and Certifications:
BS Mathematics Secondary Education SUNY Fredonia
Hi! I am Miss Ziegler or you can call me Miss Z :) I was born and raised in a small town outside of Rochester, NY. I graduated from SUNY Fredonia in 2002 with a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics Secondary Education. After graduation, I moved to SC to teach. Two years later, I moved to Charlotte to be closer to family. I began working here at MPHS in 2005. I love being a Tiger and look forward to another fantastic school year!!
Announcements ~ From Miss Ziegler
Spring 2023 Semester!
It is EXTREMELY important for me to know how to communicate with you! Email is the BEST way to communicate with me. I will be sending an email each week to let you know what to expect in the upcoming week. I am looking forward to teaching your child this semester!! Parents, please fill this out (not students). Thank you so much for filling out this form! ~Amy Ziegler
Remind Codes ~ Spring 2023 ~ Remind is for STUDENTS, email is how I communicate to parents.
Class Remind Code 1st: Honors Math 3 84e299k 3rd: Honors Math 3 7ekc67 4th: Math 3 d3k3fb4
Math 3/Honors Math 3
Click below for your Course Information Sheet:
Honors Math 3 (1st & 3rd period)
- Computer. You MUST use an MPHS Chromebook. Please bring your fully CHARGED computer each day! (Bring your charger just in case)
- Earbuds/headphones. There will be times that you will be listening to videos, etc. in class and will need them.
- Three-ring binder. (I suggest a 1 ½ inch or 2 inch size) with dividers and lined paper. This binder should be used for this class only. The sections of the notebook should be: Notes (I give preprinted guided notes daily for you to fill in during class. You will want to keep these organized!), My Work (this section should have lined paper- this is where you will do all of the work for your assignments), and Final Exam Review. The purpose for this notebook is so you can keep organized! This will help you keep track of your assignments and make it easier for you when it is time to study. I expect you to stay as organized as possible throughout the semester.
- Calculator. We will be using an online calculator, Desmos. This calculator will be used on the Math 3 EOC. At times, we may use a handheld TI-84 calculator. Calculators will be provided to you for in class use!
- Highlighter(s). We will use them while taking notes. It is up to you how many colors to have. One is required. More than one color is helpful.
- Colored pencils or pens. We will also use them while taking notes.
- Dry erase marker. Please have one for my class, we use the desks to work out problems. Please bring an eraser or sock to use as an eraser.
- Remind App. This is for STUDENTS only.
Classroom wish list: tissues, hand sanitizers, mechanical pencils, lined paper, dry erase markers, baby wipes (to clean desks after using dry erase markers)
Canvas Information For Parents
1st - Honors Math 3: https://cabarrus.instructure.com/courses/212713
3rd - Honors Math 3: https://cabarrus.instructure.com/courses/212718
4th - Math 3: https://cabarrus.instructure.com/courses/212700
Here are instructions on how you can observe your child's Canvas Course(s):
Miss Ziegler's Class Schedule
1st: 7:15am - 8:35am ~ Honors Math 3
TIGER Time: 8:40am - 9:35am
M-1st, T-2nd, W-Advisory, Th-3rd, F-4th
2nd: 9:40am - 11am ~ Planning
3rd: 11:05am - 12:50pm ~ Honors Math 3
4th: 12:55pm - 2:15pm ~ Math 3