Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Rich Williams
Hello! This is my first year at Mount Pleasant and my 26th year of teaching and I am looking forward to a great year! I will be teaching Math 1 and Math 2. I will also be an assistant football and track coach. I have a wonderful wife, Tish, and an awesome 14 year old son, Heath. I graduated from The University of Mount Union in 1995 in Alliance, Ohio.
1st Period: 7:15-8:55, Math 2. Remind Code: @math2rw1
LIVE TEAMS MEETING 7:30-8:30 1st Period Teams Link
2nd Period: 9:00-10:35, Planning
3rd Period: 10:40-12:35, Math 1. Remind Code: @math1rw2
LIVE TEAMS MEETING 11:35-12:35. 3rd Peiod Teams Link
4th Period: 12:40-2:15, Math 1. Remind Code: @math1rw3
LIVE TEAM MEETING 12:50-1:50. 4th Period Teams Link
Please note that the Live Teams meetings will be Mondays thru Thursdays. Students will be expected to complete work outside of the teams times and outside of the school day. Fridays will be an asynchronous day and students can get their assignments from their canvas page.
Click on link to go to Canvas page.
First Period, Math 2
Third Period, Math 1
Fourth Period, Math 1
Paper and pencils to work out problems by hand.
Binder or notebook for class notes.
Graph paper for graphing units.
Headphones for in person students.
Optional Calculator - scroll to the bottom of this page for options if you do not have a handheld graphing calculator.
Online Learning Links
Login to School Email (Office365)
- Your school email is through Microsoft Office 365
- Your email address is your Active Directory user name followed by @cabarrus.k12.nc.us
- Your password is your student ID
- Click Office 365 under Quick Links on our home page or go directly to portal.office.com- bookmark this site!
- Your username is your entire email address, ie, for Bart Simpson 123456789,
- Username email@example.com
- Password: 123456789
- If you are unable to login, please ask your teacher to enter a work order that includes your name and student ID.
- When logging into Office 365 at home, you will be asked for your password.
- Want to setup email on your phone? Here's how.
Login to Canvas
My courses are housed within Canvas, a learning management system. You can access Canvas from our home page - just click the logo.
At home, you will be prompted to login to your Office 365 account before proceeding to Canvas. Remember, your login is your email address, and your password is your student ID.
Download the App
The Canvas App is available on the Android and Apple platform.
Find your District
You will not be able to search for Cabarrus County Schools or for Mount Pleasant High School. Instead, you will need to type in cabarrus.instructure.com in the "Find your District" box.
If you do not have a calculator of your own at home this is for you:On Android, wabbitemu is an app that mimics the TI-84. It is a free download.On iPhone, Calculate 84 is an app that mimics the TI-84. It is not a TI product, but it works wonderfully.Another option that someone suggested for iPhone was Graphing Calculator X84.TI released trials to assist teachers and students: Links below for trial periods.
Software – TI software can be used to demo functionality, have students interact with activities, create videos for your students, etc.
· TI-84 Smartview Software – 90 Day Trial http://bit.ly/TI84SmartView
· TI-Nspire Student Software – 30 Day Trial http://bit.ly/TINspireStudentWhile working at home, Desmos.com is also a great option.