Degrees and Certifications:
M. Ed Instructional Technology B. S. Elementary Education
Ms. Whitney C. McSwain
Hey friends! I am the Instructional Technology Facilitator here at Winecoff. You might be wondering what that means? I work with students to learn about all the cool technology tools Cabarrus County is offering, as well as teachers to show them ways to integrate those tech tools in the classroom.
I am ending my 12th year working in public school education. This year sure did look different from ANY other year, and I am EXCITED to wrap things up and continue supporting our students and families!
Chromebook Trouble Shooting Tips
Chromebook Not Powering On
If the Chromebook lid is left open without activity, eventually the Chromebook will go to sleep but it appears to be powered off. Some families are experiencing difficulties getting the Chromebook to wake-up once it goes to sleep. Please try the steps below to help wake the Chromebook up if you experience this issue at home.
- Plug the Chromebook into the charger
- Hold the refresh button (top row, looks like a circle with an arrow) and the power button for 10-15 seconds
- Double tap the power button
- The Chromebook should come on at this point.
- One last step to try if it does not come on is to close the Chromebook lid and open it again.
- Please place a help ticket if you need further assistance.
This is a known issue with Microsoft Teams that we are aware of. Unfortunately, there is not a fix for this.
Headphones Not Working with Microsoft Teams
Some student headphones are not working with Microsoft Teams. This happens from time to time. Please see this document for trouble shooting tips.