Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Sandra Starr
Hello Winecoff Families,
My name is Sandra Starr and I am the School Counselor for 3rd-5thgrade. I graduated from UNC-Charlotte in 2015 with a Master’s degree as a Mental Health Counselor. I have also obtained my license as a School Counselor. I have 3 children, 2 are grown and no longer live at home and my last child is in high school. I have lived in Concord, NC for the last 20 years.
My role as a School Counselor is to help your child with their social, emotional, and academic needs. I offer strategies to help students with building their character, helping them learn conflict resolution skills, and with self-awareness. I am able to do this through seeing students individually, in groups, as well as whole classroom skill building. I work with parents, staff, and the community to help meet the needs of our students. Through our community-based programs, I am able to supplement food, clothing, and school supplies. I am an advocate for your children, please contact me if you have any concerns for your child.
Remote Counseling Services for Plans C
CCS Student Services Team members are here to support students and staff through academic and social emotional growth. We are a critical part of the CCS team. As we navigate through virtual learning, we wanted our CCS families to be aware that we may be able to provide some supports virtually. Please remember that we always adhere to our professional guidelines and ethics for practice (NC Department of Public Instruction, NASW, NASP, and ASCA), whether we provide these services face to face or virtually. We want our families to understand that we are bound to our confidentiality guidelines.
Our interaction and conversations with students are confidential unless a student discloses harm to self, harm/threat to others, and harm and mistreatment to a vulnerable child or adult. Counselors, Social Workers and Psychologists may be in contact with students through Teams or other voice formats. Parents who are opposed to engaging supportive counseling for their children may contact their principal to opt out of such support.
- Be sure you or your child has CCS email address and password in order to access Teams. Here are basic directions on how to join the Teams online class meeting.
- We ask that students be in a stable location (not driving, walking around, etc.).
- Students should be in a private location. We encourage students to use headphones for privacy if preferred.
- Students can be in view of camera from neck up only (wearing appropriate clothing, not lying in bed, engage in activities, etc.).
- Younger children may benefit from greater parental involvement to help understand the technology and content discussed.
- Parents and students in remote locations (not at home for example) should be prepared to offer their location if needed.