Apply to the Cabarrus Kannapolis Early College Program!
A North Carolina "A" School 2017 & 2018
Application Information for Freshman Class of Fall, 2019
Cabarrus County is home to the Cabarrus Kannapolis Early College. Cabarrus Tech is also an early college choice in Cabarrus County. Interested applicants will have to designate their preference onthe application form for the school of their choice. Both schools will conduct interviews for all applicants.
- Must be a resident of Cabarrus County and includes those living in the Kannapolis City Schools District.
- Must apply during 8th grade year. (For students currently enrolled in a Cabarrus County or Kannapolis City high school that want to take community college classes, they should contact their school counselors and ask about the Career and College Promise Program.)
- Application - Students will complete the application online from the Cabarrus County Schools - School Choice website. The teacher recommendation form must be turned into their middle school counselors.
- Interviews - As part of the application process, both the students and parents must participate in an interview. Applicants will be contacted to schedule the interviews.
- Notification - After all interviews are completed, all applicants are notified by mail as to the status of their application.
The Early Colleges are part of the Cabarrus County Schools - School Choice Program and will follow the School Choice Program application timeline. The following are important dates in the application process.
October 9th - CCS Magnet Fair
6:30-8:30 at J M Robinson High School
This is a drop-in event where you can get basic information on all of the High School high school options
October 25th - Early College Program Prospective Student Night
6:30pm-9:00pm RCCC South Campus Student Center ( Building 3000) & Community Room ( Building 1000) ( Student Guides will help direct you)
1531 Trinity Church Road Concord 28027
Applications Open October 9th*Prospective students and their families will be able to hear a presentation on our program and afterwards be escorted to Student Center where we will answer questions, complete a family questionaire and speak with teachers and scurrent ECHS students. Interviews will be held on the Early College campus in January by appointment.Families are asked to attend the session of their current middle school.
1st Session Community Room Building 1000 6:30 Kannapolis/Harris Road/Home Schooled, Private School, and others
2nd Session Community Room Building 1000 7:15 Hickory Ridge/J. N. Fries/Northwest Cabarrus
3rd Session Community Room Building 1000 8:00 Mt. Pleasant/C.C. Griffin/Concord/Winkler