Cool Cats Information
· Cool Cats are 5th grade students who volunteer to help in grades K-4 in the morning before school starts.
· Cool Cats arrive about 7:50 and report to the class where they are assigned. They work till 8:10, when the first bell rings.
· Often they are assigned a buddy to work with. Other times they work with different students depending on need.
· The teacher will arrange activities for the Cool Cat to do with the younger students. Usually this involves math or reading practice.
· Teachers request a Cool Cat and students are assigned in the order that their applications were turned in.
· Parents and teachers must sign a student’s application agreeing that the student is a good candidate for a Cool Cat job.