The National Honor Society of Cox Mill High School
The National Honor Society is the leader among organizations and societies that promote appropriate recognition for students who reflect outstanding accomplishments in the areas of scholarship, character, leadership, and service.
To become a member, juniors must have a weighted GPA of 4.2 or higher, have at least 10 hours of documented community service within the current calendar year, must participate in at least 1 out of school activity, adequately show leadership qualities through teacher recommendations and have no out of school suspensions or 3 separate incidences of in school suspension during high school. Each April, students who qualify will be invited to complete the selection process.
Members participate in monthly meetings and community service projects. For information updates you should "Like" us on Facebook!Adviser: Jamie Delp
Projects and Activities
September 25, 2017 - Meeting Agenda
- Join the Remind - @NHSDELP18
- Meeting schedule – last Monday of each month
- Officer Interest – Jamie.email@example.com
- Submit name and position (president, vp, secretary (2))
- Brief summary of ideas for the year
- Expectations of self and members and how to best implement
- Availability after school for officer meetings?
- Due by Monday October 2nd at 7:15
- Ability to balance other clubs/activities/job/sports/academics – what’s your plan to manage it all?
- Contact information – email pref.
- Office vote will be sent via remind on Monday, 10/3. Must be logged into Google Apps account to complete Google Form.
- First activity – due October 16th – Levine’s Children’s Hospital donations
- Attendance, academic honesty, no discipline infractions
- Dues and stole – ASAP if not done already
- org – volunteer opportunities
- NHS Resources:
NHS School Affiliation Number: 00558004
Members of the National Honor Societies and their parents have exclusive access to college admission planning webinars. The first webinar of 2017–18 is “Applying to College: What You Need to Know Now.” Registration is now open. This webinar is a definitive guide to the entire college application process. Expert panelists will help viewers:
- Build a relationship with colleges of interest and narrow down a wish list
- Understand application types and deadlines
- Communicate one’s best self when applying to college
Wednesday, September 27, 2017
7:00-8:00 p.m. (ET)
Applications for the 2017–18 National Honor Society (NHS) Scholarship Program will open on October 6. All NHS senior members in good standing will be eligible to apply.
Tell your seniors to get ready to apply by sharing the following information:
- Three recommendations will be required. Applicants will be asked for an email address for recommenders. So they should be gathering email addresses for and enlisting support from:
- you—the adviser
- your principal
- another teacher
- Applicants will need to detail participation or leadership in their three most significant individual service activities or projects. Suggest they consider their response now.
- Recommend they visit www.nhs.us/scholarship to watch a quick video about the scholarship.
You will receive an email on October 6 with a link to log in for application procedures. The application deadline will be January 30, 2018.
How to Shine in Your Scholarship Applications
Wednesday, October 4, 7:00-8:00 p.m. (ET)
Are you planning to complete the National Honor Society Scholarship application or apply for other scholarship this year? In this interactive workshop, students will hear tips and best practices for transforming their service and leadership experiences into compelling stories. These strategies will be directly applicable to the NHS Scholarship, though transferable to other scholarship and college applications. Students who register can attend the live session and pose questions to the presenters or can opt to watch a recording of the presentation after the live broadcast.
2016-17 NHS Members Cox Mill High School
We would like to congratulate the following students for serving as our 2017 graduation Junior Marshals.
Archibald, Ahlina Catherine
Bell, William Franklin
Columbus, Brycen Thomas
Holt, Maxwell Anthony
Laubach, Jordan Taylor
Mehta, Shaun Darshy
Punekar, Atharva Ashish
Rhew, Kalee Ann
Sullivan, John Francis
Taylor, Gillian Michal
Watson, Hannah Grace
Weber, Courtney Jo