Welcome to our site!
Counseling and Social Work Team
Mrs. Ellis and Ms. Alsup
Mrs. Showalter and Ms. Battle
Student Support Services, also referred to as Specialized Instructional Support Personnel(SISP), are professionals in the school setting whose services include prevention, intervention, transition and follow-up services for students and families. Members of the team provide direct services for all children and youth, especially those who are experiencing problems that create barriers to learning. Direct services are provided through education, counseling, consultation and individual assessment. We also provide in-service training, parent education, community collaboration and student services case management.(NCDPI)
If you are experiencing any of the following:
Immediate Emergency: Dial 911
Behavioral Health Crisis: Call Mobile Crisis 866-275-9552
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 to connect to a crisis counselor
School Counseling Program
Our School Counseling Program:
- We are uniquely trained in child development, learning strategies, self-management and social skills.
- We provide education, prevention and intervention integrated into all aspects of children's lives.
- We are an integral component of the school's academic mission.
- We recognize and respond to student mental health needs and assist students and families seeking resources.
- Driven by student data and based on standards in cognitive, career and social emotional development.
- Individual and Group Counseling within a Trauma-Informed Practice
- Integration of the Guidance Standard Course of Study in the school setting
- Individual student planning and goal setting
- Advocate for student well-being
- Responsive services
- Mediate conflict
- Consultation and collaboration with parents, teachers, the school community and community agencies and resources
- Referrals for assistance
School Social Work Services
School Social Work:
School Social Workers:
- Is a specialized area of professional practice in the broad field of social work
- Provides the vital link between the home, school and community
- Helps students increase academic success, cope with crisis situations and improve attendance
- Emphasizes early intervention and positive behavioral interventions
- Are trained and qualified to analyze barriers to learning and achievement
- Promote the academic mission of schools by fostering educational environments that are safe and have supportive, fair and responsive policies