BYOT 2016-2017 School Year
Dear 4th and 5th Grade Parents,Many of our students have expressed interest in bringing “Technology” to school. CCS has purchased the Bradford appliance which will allow students and guests to connect to a guest wireless network in schools. Internet filtering, meeting all CIPA requirements, will be in place, even on the wireless network.
We are in full support of this under the following conditions:
· It must aide in academic success; enhance research skills along with learning the curriculum (meaning NO DSI’s, electronic toys/games, etc.)
· The children will be responsible for his/her technology
· The school will not be held accountable for lost, stolen, or damaged technology.
· Students will use these learning tools in an appropriate manner. Use of technology will be prohibited if ANY inappropriate content is searched.
· Any child who would like to bring his/her technology to school must have the bottom portion of this letter signed and returned.
· Technical support of personal devices is limited to the user's own knowledge and troubleshooting skills. There are no funded technical help positions available within the school system
Examples of Technology: Kindles, Nook, Ipad, Tablets, etc.
4th and 5th Grade Teachers
I _______________________ give my child _________________ permission to bring his/her technology to school to enhance learning and understand the conditions of this privilege. Date: ____________