Why be a member of NTHS?
NTHS believes in CTE students, the heartbeat of today's workforce! NTHS celebrates the accomplishments of today's career and technical education students, empowering them to know the value and impact of their career paths and trades. Since 1984, NTHS has been honoring outstanding student achievement, providing scholarships and career development opportunities.
NTHS is the Honor Society for your CTE students!
To be eligible for membership in the National Technical Honor Society, students must meet the national membership criteria, in addition to criteria established by Cabarrus County Schools Career & Technical Education Department:
- Junior or Senior status
- Minimum 3.0 overall GPA unweighted
- Minimum 3 Career & Technical Education credits with at least one credit being a 2nd level
- Minimum 3.0 CTE GPA unweighted
- No Out of School Suspensions during high school career
- No more than 3 separate In-school Suspensions during high school career
The Hickory Ridge High School NTHS Advisor, Ms. Kendra Glover, will send out personal invitations at least once per school year, at most once per semester, to students who meet the initial criteria. These students will be invited to a voluntary information session and invited to apply to join NTHS.
Students who choose to apply will submit the following with their application:
- List three (3) teachers who will be able to recommend the student for membership in NTHS
- At least one of the three teachers must be a CTE teacher
- NTHS Advisor will then send recommendation forms to teachers.
- Student written statement on one of the following; minimum 50 words:
- list and explain community/school service projects you would like to take part in as a member of NTHS
- explain how your CTE courses fit into your future goals/career
- Display leadership qualities/strong work ethic though active involvement in at least one of the following:
- Career Technical Student Organization (DECA, FBLA, FCCLA, FFA, HOSA, Skills USA)
- School-sponsored student service organization (Leadership, Beta, Interact, Key, etc.)
- Civic or Service Organization (Scouts, Church, etc.)
Upon acceptance of the application, the student must submit a one-time $40 membership fee that is due prior to induction into the organization. Payment will not be accepted before being accepted and admitted to join our National Technical Honor Society.