Degrees and Certifications:
M.Ed. School Counseling
Mrs. Monica Ebert
Hello Cowboys! I am so excited to be a part of the HRES family as the 3rd, 4th and 5th grade school counselor! I have the privilege of working with our students through classroom guidance lessons, small group counseling, and individual counseling. I also collaborate with school staff and parents in order to best meet the needs of students.
Please take a look around this site as well as the counselor corner to learn more about the Comprehensive School Counseling Program for HRES and available resources for parents and staff!
Students can check in with Mrs. Ebert by clicking HERE
Looking for the 3-5 SEL lessons? Click here to go to Mrs. Ebert's Canvas Page
Please join the student services canvas page: https://cabarrus.instructure.com/enroll/CRMMGR
Select the enroll in course button
Scroll down to the GREEN Mrs. Ebert button
Here all 3-5 students can do their lessons, check-in and explore my virtual office!
Remote Counseling Services for Plans C
CCS Student Services Team members are here to support students and staff through academic and social emotional growth. We are a critical part of the CCS team. As we navigate through virtual learning, we wanted our CCS families to be aware that we may be able to provide some supports virtually. Please remember that we always adhere to our professional guidelines and ethics for practice (NC Department of Public Instruction, NASW, NASP, and ASCA), whether we provide these services face to face or virtually. We want our families to understand that we are bound to our confidentiality guidelines.
Our interaction and conversations with students are confidential unless a student discloses harm to self, harm/threat to others, and harm and mistreatment to a vulnerable child or adult. Counselors, Social Workers and Psychologists may be in contact with students through Teams or other voice formats. Parents who are opposed to engaging supportive counseling for their children may contact their principal to opt out of such support.
- Be sure you or your child has CCS email address and password in order to access Teams. Here are basic directions on how to join the Teams online class meeting.
- We ask that students be in a stable location (not driving, walking around, etc.).
- Students should be in a private location. We encourage students to use headphones for privacy if preferred.
- Students can be in view of camera from neck up only (wearing appropriate clothing, not lying in bed, engage in activities, etc.).
- Younger children may benefit from greater parental involvement to help understand the technology and content discussed.
- Parents and students in remote locations (not at home for example) should be prepared to offer their location if needed.