Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelors of Science in Early Childhood Education from Missouri State University Master of Arts from Wingate University in Elementary Education
Ms. Kinda Silas
Hi! My name is Ms. Kinda Silas and I am new to Cabarrus County Schools this year. I was born and raised in Lansing, Michigan. I moved to North Carolina in 2000. I have a spunky 10 year old daughter. I am so excited to be your child’s 2nd grade teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. I have 17 years of teaching experience. We are going to learn a lot and have fun as well.
I enjoy teaching and watching the magic that happens when a child's curiosity leads them to learn something new. It is my mission to make learning exciting and engaging to help students develop a desire to become life-long learners. Please reach out to me if you ever have any questions or concerns. It is very important to me to keep an open line of communication. I look forward to a great year together!
Mondays through Thursdays: Synchronous Instruction
Fridays: Asynchronous (Independent Activities)8:30-8:50: Morning Meeting8:50-9:20 Letterland9:20-9:30- break9:30-10:30 Writing/ Reading Lesson ( whole group)10:30-11:30- Reading groups/ small groups ( 10:30-11:00 11:00-11:30)11:30-12:30 Lunch/recess12:30-1:00: Science/Social Studies ( alternate units)1:00-1:30- Math whole group lesson1:30-2:00- Math groups ( small groups)2:00-3:00- Independent work time on Canvas ( activities to complete from the days lessons/iready/istation/ projects/science projects)
Virtual Classroom Rules
- Thursday, March 11th Show and Share "two items that are opposites" ex. big/small, black/white
- Wednesday, March 17th Spirit Day "Wear St. Patrick's Day clothing or the color green"
- Thursday, March 25th Show and Share "a card trick or magic trick"
- Friday, March 26th Teacher Workday (No School for students)
- Thursday, April 1st Spirit Day "wear facial hair" a beard or a mustache
- Friday, April 2nd - Friday, April 9th Spring Break (No School for students)