Questions? Contact our registrar:
Special Considerations for Enrolling During the COVID-19 Closure
During the COVID-19 state-ordered school closure we encourage families that have newly moved to Cabarrus County to stay connected to the school they were at during the closure to promote continuity for students if they have an on-line format. This assumes that the student has not been withdrawn or dropped.
If a parent wants to enroll her or his child while our buildings are closed but we are "in session" for electronic content we will accept enrollments though emailing the required documents to your school's registrar or enrollment liaison.
Please note that due to social distancing and the stay at home order we cannot notarize the suspension statement on the back of the form. Once schools are opened to students again we will require the parent come to notarize the statement on the first day back. If we discover the student is under a term of suspension we reserve the right to reassign accordingly
As we navigate the practice of enrollment during this time of concern with COVID-19, we strongly encourage all to promote safety and social distancing. At this time we encourage parents to complete enrollment online and email completed documents to the school thats services their address. School staff will reach out to you with next step as soon as they receive your enrollment request.
Parents who have recently relocated to our attendance zone can:
- complete the enrollment form located here, and
- provide two separate proofs of domicile from each of the required sources, and
- all other required information listed below
- Please be aware that parents will be required to come to the school as soon as it opens back up for students and sign The Safe Schools Enrollment Declaration.
- Students will be reassigned to the appropriate school if it is found that the student is under a term of suspension/expulsion.
Middle School Enrollment Requirements
A student in Cabarrus County Schools is assigned to the elementary, middle or high school serving the attendance area in which the student's parents, or court-appointed guardian/custodian lives. Information on attendance areas can be obtained by clicking here. For information regarding the enrollment process, please contact the school directly. Parents/ Legal Guardians of students new to a school in the district are asked to bring the following to their assigned school to begin the enrollment process:
-Photo Identification of Parent/ Legal Guardian
Sources may include Driver's License or Identification Card, Matricula Consular, Work Authorization Card, Border Crossing Card, Permanent Resident Card, Passport, Visitor's Visa
-Two Proofs of Residency (one from each source)
- Source 1: Deed, lease, closing, settlement statement or property tax statement showing the property is owned or rented by you and is within the school's boundaries
- Source 2: Current driver's license, recent pay stub, medicaid card, motor vehicle registration, current statement (e.g. bank statement, utility bill ) showing correct address.
- Child's Birth Certificate
- Child's Immunization Records
Students who do not have this medical information completed 30 days following the start of school will not be allowed to attend until the requirements are met
If your child has current immunizations please scan and email these to Vickie Petrea at Vickie.email@example.com
- Health Assessment
Effective July 1, 2016 every child entering in a NC public school for the first time must submit proof of a Health Assessment within 30 days of the start of school
If your child has had a physical or well check in the last year and you can access your healthcare provider, please have them complete the form and return to you. Please scan or forward the health assessment to Vickie Petrea at Vickie.firstname.lastname@example.org. You must submit this form within 30 days from the return to school. For example, if school returned on May 18 you would have 30 calendar days to submit the form.