Please sign up for Remind! This allows me to easily send texts to parents/students with important updates and announcements. To sign up, please send the code below to the phone number 81010
8th Grade Math (Periods 1-3): @8rose2020
Math I: (Period 4): @1rose2020
Phone: 704-455-1331 Ext 1601
Degrees and Certifications:
Middle Grades Education - Math & Science High School Math AIG Certified
Welcome to Mrs. Rose's website! I am excited to have joined the Maverick family!
I am a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Wilmington and have lived in North Carolina my whole life. I have taught in the Raleigh, NC area and in Charlotte, NC. I taught middle school for 8 years and switched to high school when we moved to the area. This is my 16th year teaching and I am so excited to have made the switch back to middle school!
Expectations for Students:
- Come to class on time and prepared
- Follow all directions and procedures
- Get permission to leave your seat
- Respect all people and things
Aleks: Students need to work on their ALEKS account each week. We will be working at home and at school. Ten tasks are required for the entire week. Students can work from Friday until the following Thursday night at midnight on those ten tasks. More information can be found in the Aleks section of the site.
- 10 point scale is used
- Homework and classwork count 1 time
- Quizzes count 2 times
- Tests/Projects count 3 times
- Any work turned in late will receive a 10 point deduction up to 5 days. After the 5th day, no credit is given. This is non-negotiable.