Cox Mill High Mountain Biking Club
Who We Are:
- A club for student athletes who enjoy the camaraderie and challenge of riding local mountain bike trails with a group. This is a cross-country sport, not downhill or jumping, although there are aspects of both encompassed.
What We Do:
- Meet up for social rides at local parks and trails.
- Meet up for skills building sessions and workshops.
- Learn to maintain our own equipment through lectures and tutorials with experts.
- Learn to maintain the trails by working with the local clubs. Cox Mill's club is currently assisting with a 'home' trail just outside of Concord in conjuction with the Cabarrus County Cog Crushers team and C4 club.
What are the requirements to participate?
- Pick up the paperwork and information packet at a meeting or attend a teams meeting and access it online.
- Own or have access to a sturdy, appropriately sized mountain bike with knobby tires (not slick road tires). You should also carry a pump and extra tube.
- Take your bike to a local bike shop for a safety check. There is a downloadable checklist in the documents attached to this page.
- An appropriate helmet which must be worn at all times the rider is on the bike.
- While Covid pandemic rules apply, you must wear a face covering and practice social distancing prior to riding, and anytime your feet are on the ground. While riding, observe proper distances and keep your mask handy if you need to stop near others.
- A water bottle and cage or hydration pack.
- A good attitude and willingness to work within a group to make sure everyone enjoys a safe ride.
- Get on the Mountain Bike Club remind: Text @coxmillmou to 81010