Attention AP Students
To help with the cost of exams we would like for students who may receive free or reduced lunch to fill out the following AP fee waiver form. All completed forms are to be emailed to our testing coordinator.
ACT scores should be received 5 to 8 weeks after the test was given. Students will receive the scores and be able to access them online on the ACT website.
There are many different exams students will experience over their four-year tenure at Northwest Cabarrus High. We would like to highlight some of those here and provide additional resources to learn more about each individual test. As always, please contact your counselor with any questions or concerns.
ATTENTION: ANY STUDENT WHO MISSED AN EOC DURING FALL EXAMS WILL NEED TO MAKEUP THE EXAM DURING SPRING EXAMS. PLEASE CONTACT JAMIE SMITH TO SCHEDULE YOUR MAKEUP EXAM.
Below you will find information about the following exams:
End of Course (EOC)
ALL EOCs will be administered online.Students enrolled in these courses are required to take the final assessment. Exemptions are not allowed.
- PSAT/NMSQT -October 14, 2020
- SAT (CollegeBoard) -Register through Collegeboard. The SAT is not an exam paid for by the State.
- Pre ACT (10th grade only) November 2, 2020, Last name A-K & November 4, 2020, for last names L-Z. 7:15- 11:30. If you would like a Grab N Go lunch after testing fill in the form here. Lunch Form
- ACT (11th grade only) February 24-25, 2021
- Advanced Placement (AP) May 3, 2021- May 17, 2021
- ACT Workkeys (12th) - Spring Dates to be determined.
Classes that are not required to take a state EOC, or CTE assessment will be required to take a teacher-made final exam. Seniors may exempt teacher-made exams if the criteria stated in the exam exemption section below are met.
Test Exemption Policy
In order to exempt an exam:
- SENIOR - You must be a senior.
- COURSE GRADE - You must have a grade of 80 or better when 1st and 2nd nine-week grades are averaged together for that class.
- ATTENDANCE - You must not have more than 3 absences in that class.
- DISCIPLINE - You must not have served in ISS or OSS the entire year. (Check with the Control Room to confirm this.)
Please note that this exemption Policy does not apply to EOC or AP Courses.
Accommodations for the PSAT, SAT, ACT, and Advanced Placement (AP) exams must be submitted and approved by the testing company. Please note that a student having an IEP or a 504 plan does NOT automatically qualify them for accommodations on these exams.College Board Assessments (PSAT, SAT, AP Exams)To request an accommodation, please complete the Collegboard-Consent Form for Accommodations Request and/or ACT Consent Form for Accommodations and return it to Ms. Smith in the testing office. Please be advised that it can take up to 8 weeks to receive their decision so please plan accordingly. To assist you in planning, here is a calendar of deadlines for submission requests: