Degrees and Certifications:
University of North Carolina at Charlotte Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education Minor in Reading Education
My name is Maddy Chappell, and this is my second year teaching 3rd grade at Winecoff! I am SO excited to be your child's teacher this year! I have lived near Concord most of my life, and I attended UNC Charlotte for my degree in Elementary Education (go Niners!). I have a younger brother and sister, and I practiced being a teacher on them growing up! As you might have noticed from this page, I LOVE farm animals, so your student will probably hear about how much I love cows this year! I am getting married at the end of this school year, and we are hoping to buy some land and start a farm!
I know this year is going to look completely different than anything any of us are used to, but I am committed to making your child's 3rd grade experience AMAZING no matter what is thrown at us! I know remote learning is going to be new and challenging for many of us, but it is extremely important we work together and don't give up to ensure your student's success! Please never hesitate to reach out to me with any questions, concerns, or feedback you may have as we are on this new journey!
1. Click HERE for the beginning of year survey!
2. Click HERE to sign up for Class Dojo!
3. Make sure you complete the free/reduced lunch application HERE!
4. Click HERE for EMERGENCY CONTACT INFO!! This is VERY important to fill out!
PLEASE WATCH AND READ THE FOLLOWING VIDEOS AND RESOURCES BEFORE JOINING THE TEAMS MEETING. THESE MAY ANSWER SOME OF THE QUESTIONS YOU HAVE!
3. Click HERE for the student handbook! This is ESPECIALLY importany this year as we start remotely!
4. Click HERE to access Canvas. (Our class for this year will not be published until Friday at 5pm)