What is Tri-M?
Tri-M is a program sponsored by the National Association for Music Education that recognizes students who have gone above and beyond both musically and academically. It is the only music honor society for high school students in the United States. Tri-M focuses on developing future leaders in music education and music advocacy through the completion of music-based service-learning projects.
Current Tri-M Officers
President - Sophie M.
Vice-President - Danielle P.
Secretary - Natalie W.
Treasurer - Amy C.
Historian - Lyndsay H.
Adam Singer, Band Director - email@example.com
Jennifer Cook, Choral Director - firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates for membership in Tri-M Music Honor Society should exhibit the following characteristics:
- Music Participatition - Must be enrolled in a school sponosored music ensemble and/or class for at least one semester per school year.
- Academic Achievement - Maintain an "A" average in all music classes and a "C" average overall
- Leadership - This may be demonstrated both formally (official leadership roles in school and community) and informally (leading by example in musical ensembles)
- Service - Undertakes actions on behalf of others without expectation or compensation or reward
- Character - Demonstrates respect, responsibility, trustworthiness, fairness, caring, and citizenship
- $20 for New Members (includes chapter dues and the purchase of your pink honor cord for graduation)
- $5 for Returning Members (chapter dues to fund chapter projects)
How to Join for 2021-2022
- Complete the Tri-M New Member Application form by Friday, October 8th
- Check the new member list (posted outside Chorus room on Wednesday, October 13th)
- Attend our next meeting on Wednesday, October 20th
Starting in November, Tri-M will meet at 2:30pm on the first Wednesday of the month in the Chorus room.