FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1) Will West Cabarrus High School be an IB school?
West Cabarrus High School is seeking to become a Candidate School for the Diploma Programme. For more information, please visit the Program Choice section of Cabarrus County School's webpage and the Student Support Services section of West Cabarrus' webpage.
2) Which students can apply to West Cabarrus High School's STEM Academy of Aviation and Aerospace for the 2020-2021 academic year?
Both incoming 9th and 10th grade students may apply for the 2020-2021 academic year. Please refer to the Academy section of the webpage for more information.
3) Will West Cabarrus High School offer Advanced Placement (AP) courses, as well as other elective courses for the 2020-2021 academic year?
Yes. West Cabarrus will follow a similar student registration timeline as other CCS high schools. The full range of courses will be provided. Please refer to the Student Support Services section of the webpage for more information.
4) Will West Cabarrus High School field all sports offered by other CCS high schools?
Yes. Students will enjoy the full range of athletic offerings offered by other CCS high schools.
5) Will West Cabarrus High School have a band in 2020-2021?
Yes. West Cabarrus High School's band program will feature a band, as well as Marching and Jazz bands as extracurricular activities.
6) Will West Cabarrus students have the opportunity to enroll in JROTC?
Yes. JROTC is available to West Cabarrus students through the AFJROTC program at Central Cabarrus High School. Students who are current members or newly interested in JROTC will indicate interest on West Cabarrus' registration form by writing in JROTC as an alternate course in the appropriate section of the registration form. NOTE: This course(JROTC) is different from the STEM Academy of Aviation and Aerospace which will be offered on the campus of West Cabarrus High School.