Degrees and Certifications:
B.A in Dance University of North Carolina at Greensboro B.A in Dance Education K-12 Certification University of North Carolina at Charlotte Minor in Business Health Certified
Mrs. Katie Johnson
I was born and raised in Concord, North Carolina. I have been training in dance for over 26 years in multiple styles including ballet, lyrical, hip hop, contemporary, jazz, african dance, tap, and musical theatre. I graduated from The University of North Carolina at Greensboro in 2012 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Dance and a minor in Business and a Bachelor of Arts in Dance Education with a K-12 Certification in 2015 from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. I have been teaching in the public school system for 5 years creating lesson plans that integrate the arts into general education curriculum. I am currently entering my seventh season teaching at Expressions Dance Studio in Denver, NC. Throughout my teaching career, I have been awarded numerous overall awards, best choreography, and most entertaining awards. My husband, Dustin and I live in Concord with our sweet maltese, Piper. I am thrilled to join the Rocket family!
8:15-8:30 - Morning Meeting
8:30-9:15 - 3rd grade
9:15-10:00 - 2nd grade
10:00-10:45 - 1st grade
10:45-11:30 - 4th grade
11:30-12:00 - Lunch
12:00-12:45 - 5th grade
12:45-1:30 - Kindergarten
1:30-2:05 - Planning
2:05-2:50 - Double Encore
Dance Rules and Procedures
1. All students will remove shoes when entering the dance studio. They are welcome to bring approved dance shoes (jazz or ballet) to wear on dance days.
2. Please make sure your child is wearing appropriate clothing for moving. If they are wearing dresses, please send shorts to put on underneath.
3. Be respectful and try everything!
4. No food, drinks, or gum are allowed in the dance studio.
5. Show self control when moving in the dance room. Please no running at anytime.