Contest #5: March 12, 2020! Final Contest!!!
2018-2019 County Mathlete Competition 2nd place winners
2017-2018 County Mathlete Team Champions
Math Olympiad is a world-wide math competition. Our 5th grade math students have the opportunity to compete at the school level. There are five monthly contests given at school from November-March. Then the top 5 school mathletes will compete in our county competition in April.
The goals of Math Olympiad are:
- To stimulate enthusiasm and a love for Mathematics
- To introduce important Mathematical concepts
- To teach major strategies for problem solving
- To develop Mathematical flexibility in solving problems
- To strengthen Mathematical intuition
- To foster Mathematical creativity and ingenuity
- To provide for the satisfaction, joy, and thrill of meeting challenges
Mathlete participants should come to Math Olympiad meetings with their homework. There is a strict 3 strikes and you're out rule. We want to engage in mathematical discussions, and without homework students will not be prepared to participate in discussions.